All things Knotts Berry Farm

RobWDW1971

Krazy Kurt calls it the Amazing Annoying Coaster since his band plays on the stunt show stadium under that thing.

Just to be confronted by that thing with the noise and cars flying overhead the second you walk into the park and people are trying to get their picture with the little water tower and start their Knott's experience in Ghost Town. I don't know what they were thinking. Ghost Rider is much better integrated and at least the coaster going over the road and shops is outside the park.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Just to be confronted by that thing with the noise and cars flying overhead the second you walk into the park and people are trying to get their picture with the little water tower and start their Knott's experience in Ghost Town. I don't know what they were thinking. Ghost Rider is much better integrated and at least the coaster going over the road and shops is outside the park.
To be fair Ghost Town is on the left where everyone enters the park. The u-element is on the right next to camp snoopy entrance. Silver Bullet kind of dominates the lake area and isn't very well integrated. It's a fun ride but messes with the environment a lot. Too bad it had to go there.

Ismael Flores

Did the guy working there quiz you on who was the first President of the United States?
It's not George Washington.
When we think of the President of the United States, many people do not realize that we are actually referring to presidents elected under the U.S. Constitution. Everybody knows that the first president in that sense was George Washington. But in fact the Articles of Confederation, the predecessor to the Constitution, also called for a president- albeit one with greatly diminished powers. Eight men were appointed to serve one year terms as president under the Articles of Confederation. In November 1781, John Hanson became the first President of the United States in Congress Assembled, under the Articles of Confederation.

Many people have argued that John Hanson, and not George Washington, was the first President of the United States, but this is not quite true. Under the Articles of Confederation, the United States had no executive branch. The President of Congress was a ceremonial position within the Confederation Congress. Although the office required Hanson to deal with correspondence and sign official documents, it wasn't the sort of work that any President of the United States under the Constitution would have done.

lol, he did a few months ago when i went.
seems like those are his first words to start up a conversation. he is very knowledgeable also talked about the signatures in the constitution and I was afraid to walk away after half hour because im sure he doesn't get much foot traffic.

i enjoyed his knowledge about some books he showed me when i was there

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Knotts has a lot of space to expand. I think when Disney considered buying Knotts, they were going to turn it into Disney's America and add a few rides near Independence Hall. The Knotts family wouldn't sell because they thought Disney would change it too much. Funny how Cedar Fair put a giant coaster over the main entrance.

636633789613103586-knotts-entrance.jpg
Its awful that while watching the Native american dance you practically stand under a piece of coaster track and hear the screaming over yourhead

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
lol, he did a few months ago when i went.
seems like those are his first words to start up a conversation. he is very knowledgeable also talked about the signatures in the constitution and I was afraid to walk away after half hour because im sure he doesn't get much foot traffic.

i enjoyed his knowledge about some books he showed me when i was there
He did the same stories for me. Very nice but you do feel a little trapped. I think I spent an hour and half talking to the guy.

voodoo321

I actually prefer Timber Mtn. to DL’s Splash Mtn. Splash is a great ride, but its ride system and storytelling often seem at odds with each other, and I don’t like the clunky way DL’s logs navigate the flume and conveyor belts. WDW and Tokyo fixed that.

Splash is a top notch Disney adventure, but I love Timber Mtn. as the best pure Log Flume ride on Earth (by “pure” I mean it’s a log flume about historic log flumes). The detailed theming, the sets, the pacing, the bits of actual logging history, the smooth, brisk flow of the logs, the many surprises... it all comes together perfectly as a complete experience. No one will ever build a better ride about logging, and I actually enjoy that theme more than Song of the South. :D
I just visited Knott's last Saturday after several years. I think this is my favorite ride outside of a Disney Theme Park. I can't put it above WDW Splash or even DL's but I can understand your opinion and agree on many points. I was last at Knott's for Scary Farm about 17 years ago. I remember riding this ride then but don't remember it being this elaborate and entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised as my fond memories were mainly for Calico Mine Train.

I should look it up, but there has to have been a lot added to the ride in the past 17 years. I would've ridden it multiple times but the line moves so slow. It just loads so slow and capacity is low, I'm guessing. I wish Cedar Fair could do rides like this in all of their parks. I live close to Cincinnati and rides even a fraction of this style and quality would get me to buy a season pass to King's Island.

Edited to add: I see that it was refurbed and animatronics added in 2013. I hadn't heard that or watched any ride videos before I went last week.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
I just visited Knott's last Saturday after several years. I think this is my favorite ride outside of a Disney Theme Park. I can't put it above WDW Splash or even DL's but I can understand your opinion and agree on many points. I was last at Knott's for Scary Farm about 17 years ago. I remember riding this ride then but don't remember it being this elaborate and entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised as my fond memories were mainly for Calico Mine Train.

I should look it up, but there has to have been a lot added to the ride in the past 17 years. I would've ridden it multiple times but the line moves so slow. It just loads so slow and capacity is low, I'm guessing. I wish Cedar Fair could do rides like this in all of their parks. I live close to Cincinnati and rides even a fraction of this style and quality would get me to buy a season pass to King's Island.

Edited to add: I see that it was refurbed and animatronics added in 2013. I hadn't heard that or watched any ride videos before I went last week.
Cedar Fair would never build such a ride. This is pure Bud Hurlbut engineering at it's finest. It's nice that Cedar Fair is finally respecting Knott's history and nostalgia.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Looks like props are being removed from storage at Knotts for this year's haunt. I don't think Trick or Treat is coming back. At least I can't see the facade anymore from Ghostrider. Shadowlands is back as well as Infected and Dark Ride (with new scenes) and Pumpkin Eater. Looks like the Depths will be back. I love that maze!!! We will find out what is new on August 29th.

Last edited:

Erich

Looks like props are being removed from storage at Knotts for this year's haunt. I don't think Trick or Treat is coming back. At least I can't see the facade anymore from Ghostrider. Shadowlands is back as well as Infected and Dark Ride (with new scenes) and Pumpkin Eater. Looks like the Depths will be back. I love that maze!!! We will find out what is new on August 29th.

Do you guys go over rumors on this thread about Knotts Scary Farm? If so i have some juicy news lol

Erich

This is the place. Spill the beans. Just please don't tell me that Walter Knott is really Walt Disney under a different forum avatar.
Well um the 2 new mazes this year are:
“Red Barn 2: Gunslingerz Revenge” - replacing Red Barn
and
“Devils Den in 3D” - replacing trick.

There was talk about a Gremlins Grotto scarezone which was originally supposed to be where Forsaken Lake was cause suits thought it was a disaster last year... but Forsaken Lake is returning.
The only scarezone that isn’t announced yet is The Hollow but there is already lighting towers up and most of them are pointing towards areas where iconic props were in the past...

I think this year won’t be super crazy since some Knotts Scary Farm budget went towards the upcoming expansion but again... it’s knotts so it’s pretty much always good.

thenerdbaker

In May I took my first trip to Disneyland with a few friends last second because of the deals going on before SW:GE opened and fell head over heels in love with the park. My question is it worth trying to make time to visit knots the next time I make it to socal? I am interested in the park just because of the history just not sure if it's actually worth it. (I ask because other than universal the only other them parks I have been to are wild Adventure in georga and wild waves in Washington. Both where not worth the trip).

Phroobar

Original Poster
In May I took my first trip to Disneyland with a few friends last second because of the deals going on before SW:GE opened and fell head over heels in love with the park. My question is it worth trying to make time to visit knots the next time I make it to socal? I am interested in the park just because of the history just not sure if it's actually worth it. (I ask because other than universal the only other them parks I have been to are wild Adventure in georga and wild waves in Washington. Both where not worth the trip).
giphy.gif

Very much worth the trip!!!!

Phroobar

Original Poster
Wacky Soap Box Racers - This was a steaple chase coaster where Excelerator is now. Before it was a motocycle coaster. In its hay day it had animation, special lighting effects and was just plain fun to ride. Towards the theming was all stripped out.

12571868274_12cd98d7b7_b.jpg

12571460425_662392714a_b.jpg

ea7def88985ad7f1f921c36c0042b41a.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom