All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
Looking at google maps, it's amazing how much room Knotts has for expansion. That parking lot is huge and it includes Jungle Island event center and Soak City. Not to mention the parking lot behind the hotel and the other two on the other sides of the Knotts.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Ghost Town live continues until Sept 2.

OCR-L-KNOTTSGTA-0727.20-PB.jpg

kbf-ghosttownalive-mg14.jpg

Rich T

So that is basically on the parking lot across the street from the Knotts hotel.

full
That ride was loud, wonderful, and confused the heck out of me as a kid. I was like Ron Weasley in Prisoner of Azkaban: "Why is that car ride there...when the park is *there*...but--but it's THERE???"

Phroobar

Original Poster
That ride was loud, wonderful, and confused the heck out of me as a kid. I was like Ron Weasley in Prisoner of Azkaban: "Why is that car ride there...when the park is *there*...but--but it's THERE???"
Really? You must have been one strange kid.

RobWDW1971

Used to feel the same way about Independence Hall - Where are we? Are we still in Knott's? Actually went back to see it last time I went, it's still great (I think I may have been the first person to go in there for a month as I startled everyone awake).

Phroobar

Original Poster
Used to feel the same way about Independence Hall - Where are we? Are we still in Knott's? Actually went back to see it last time I went, it's still great (I think I may have been the first person to go in there for a month as I startled everyone awake).
Did the guy working there quiz you on who was the first President of the United States?
It's not George Washington.
When we think of the President of the United States, many people do not realize that we are actually referring to presidents elected under the U.S. Constitution. Everybody knows that the first president in that sense was George Washington. But in fact the Articles of Confederation, the predecessor to the Constitution, also called for a president- albeit one with greatly diminished powers. Eight men were appointed to serve one year terms as president under the Articles of Confederation. In November 1781, John Hanson became the first President of the United States in Congress Assembled, under the Articles of Confederation.

Many people have argued that John Hanson, and not George Washington, was the first President of the United States, but this is not quite true. Under the Articles of Confederation, the United States had no executive branch. The President of Congress was a ceremonial position within the Confederation Congress. Although the office required Hanson to deal with correspondence and sign official documents, it wasn't the sort of work that any President of the United States under the Constitution would have done.

RobWDW1971

Did the guy working there quiz you on who was the first President of the United States?
It's not George Washington.
When we think of the President of the United States, many people do not realize that we are actually referring to presidents elected under the U.S. Constitution. Everybody knows that the first president in that sense was George Washington. But in fact the Articles of Confederation, the predecessor to the Constitution, also called for a president- albeit one with greatly diminished powers. Eight men were appointed to serve one year terms as president under the Articles of Confederation. In November 1781, John Hanson became the first President of the United States in Congress Assembled, under the Articles of Confederation.

Many people have argued that John Hanson, and not George Washington, was the first President of the United States, but this is not quite true. Under the Articles of Confederation, the United States had no executive branch. The President of Congress was a ceremonial position within the Confederation Congress. Although the office required Hanson to deal with correspondence and sign official documents, it wasn't the sort of work that any President of the United States under the Constitution would have done.

He didn't, but that's a great fun fact and this Hanson fellow needs a better PR agent.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The queue for Calico River Rapids is in bad shape. There are instagram accounts everywhere and it is pretty sad. I think Jaguar needs to be replaced or get a huge refurbishment. The rest of that park is doing well IMO.
It seemed to be the thing for kids to write on the walls though that brand new queue. It's really sad. I even caught a group of school kids doing it. Security didn't catch them in time as they got off.

NateD1226

It seemed to be the thing for kids to write on the walls though that brand new queue. It's really sad. I even caught a group of school kids doing it. Security didn't catch them in time as they got off.
Yeah. I witnessed multiple people getting banned from the ride for the whole day for standing on the ride. I guess the ride is just "cursed" haha

choco choco

I would love for them to move Independence Hall into the park and just have it be a walk-through attraction. Maybe anchor a colonial-themed land (take out the fiesta area). It's kinda wasted right now being stranded out in the parking lot like that.

Alternative is to move it over to the marketplace and have it be something to wander through while people wait for chicken (harkening back to Knott's origins), although I really don't think there's a wait for Cordelia's chicken anymore.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knotts has a lot of space to expand. I think when Disney considered buying Knotts, they were going to turn it into Disney's America and add a few rides near Independence Hall. The Knotts family wouldn't sell because they thought Disney would change it too much. Funny how Cedar Fair put a giant coaster over the main entrance.

636633789613103586-knotts-entrance.jpg

RobWDW1971

Knotts has a lot of space to expand. I think when Disney considered buying Knotts, they were going to turn it into Disney's America and add a few rides near Independence Hall. The Knotts family wouldn't sell because they thought Disney would change it too much. Funny how Cedar Fair put a giant coaster over the main entrance.

Sigh. It's a travesty.

TROR

Yes, but comparing how Knott's is currently being ran vs how Disney is, I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Cultural appropriation. I'm triggered.
Funny but by my observations, the Fiesta Village area is extremely popular with Latinos while white people seem to hang out in Ghost Town and the Boardwalk. Teenagers are on the coasters.

For example, when I'm watching Krazy Kurt, the audience is initially fairly mixed racially. By the end of the show, it's almost entirely white. (and mostly ex-Disney Bill Hill fans). However over at the Salsa DJ party, it's the opposite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom