All things Knotts Berry Farm

RobWDW1971

Without Timber Mountain Log Ride there would be no Splash Mountain. Without America Sings, Splash Mountain would be pretty lifeless.

First sentence - absolutely correct and Baxter would admit as such.

Second sentence - well, they did put them in so it is incredibly full of life. And when they built more SM's around the world, they also filled it with characters. I don't get your point, that's like saying, "without the Pirates, Pirates would be pretty lifeless". If you are complaining (which would be an odd complaint) that they creatively found a way to reuse the AA's from America Sings while adding several other characters tied to the SofS story to create a seamless look and feel for the attraction, then uh, OK.

Anyways, back to the Knott's thread....

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Went to Knotts last night to see the Suffragettes play. They were a fun all girl band. Good voices and very entertaining. Some of the girls were part of the Mad T Party at DCA and had parts in Mickey and the Magic Map. Of course they played as themselves at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Suffragettes-main.jpg

TROR

Went to Knotts last night to see the Suffragettes play. They were a fun all girl band. Good voices and very entertaining. Some of the girls were part of the Mad T Party at DCA and had parts in Mickey and the Magic Map. Of course they played as themselves at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Suffragettes-main.jpg
Original music or covers?

Rich T

Everyone has their personal favorites and Knott's log ride is a true classic and even more so when you consider the state of the theme park industry at the time it was built, but let's not get crazy. Splash Mountain is truly a theming, scale, audio-animatronic, masterpiece. Obviously it owes its heritage to the Knott's log ride, but let's not diminish SM based on our affection for a classic. If only every ride Disney has made since 1989 took its inspiration from Splash Mountain, the parks would be in a much better place today.
I actually prefer Timber Mtn. to DL’s Splash Mtn. Splash is a great ride, but its ride system and storytelling often seem at odds with each other, and I don’t like the clunky way DL’s logs navigate the flume and conveyor belts. WDW and Tokyo fixed that.

Splash is a top notch Disney adventure, but I love Timber Mtn. as the best pure Log Flume ride on Earth (by “pure” I mean it’s a log flume about historic log flumes). The detailed theming, the sets, the pacing, the bits of actual logging history, the smooth, brisk flow of the logs, the many surprises... it all comes together perfectly as a complete experience. No one will ever build a better ride about logging, and I actually enjoy that theme more than Song of the South. :D

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
You get the feeling the Ghost Town live actors really enjoy their job. A lot of them look familiar from Haunt and other times of the year. I also like how the stunt show actors rob the train between shows. It gives a nice sense of story that GE is totally lacking.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knotts Scary Farm tickets go on sale today. As expected, Dark Ride and Special Ops: Infected are back. I hope the Depths is coming back. I also hope they put the raunchy back in the Hanging. Last year it was pretty tame. Knotts, please don't give us that improve thing from last year. It was terrible. Maybe give us Svengoolie since Elvira retired.

https://www.knotts.com/tickets-passes/scary-farm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom