All things Knotts Berry Farm

The_Mesh_Hatter

Poor Fabio

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yeah, a ride vehicle should not severely injure guests. If it can be made safer and doesn't impact the attraction, they should fix the issue.
You again? you want the haunted mansion holiday during halloween instead of the classic ride so you know what? your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. and I have ridden the old school log many times in my life with zero issues. sounds like some idiot kid who cant sit still got hurt and now we all have to pay for it. have a nice day.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

And now some good news.

Sugar Free Knott's Berry Punch is now being served as a Fountain Drink in the park. Started in Camp Snoopy, but looks like it will replace the original Sugar version in most, if not all, locations as the Sugar version is used up.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
And now some good news.

Sugar Free Knott's Berry Punch is now being served as a Fountain Drink in the park. Started in Camp Snoopy, but looks like it will replace the original Sugar version in most, if not all, locations as the Sugar version is used up.

How is that good news? Replacing the yummy sugar version with the weak sugar free version. Uh, no.

Rich T

Holiday World provides unlimited free soda for all guests. And it comes in smaller, more "real world"-ish servings. I'm trying to imagine that scenario at DL or WDW, and all I can picture is guests finding ways to abuse the policy and fill up ten gallon tanks strapped to their backs.

Last edited:

Professortango1

You again? you want the haunted mansion holiday during halloween instead of the classic ride so you know what? your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. and I have ridden the old school log many times in my life with zero issues. sounds like some idiot kid who cant sit still got hurt and now we all have to pay for it. have a nice day.
Well, people getting hurt on rides causes lawsuits. Lawsuits cost the park money. If you want the park to keep having money and offering good experiences, you'd support their decision not to injure their guests. Nobody should have their body permanently harmed from a theme park ride when they weren't doing anything incorrectly.

And if my opinion doesn't mean anything to you, you can feel free to stop liking my other posts. :)

Phroobar

Original Poster
The worst accident at Knotts happened when the cable snapped during launch on Xcelerator in 2009. It hit the boy's leg and he went through multiple surgeries to fix it. The ride has since been changed to a magnetic launch system. Montezuma's Revenge still uses the cable launch system.

George Lucas on a Bench

The worst accident at Knotts happened when the cable snapped during launch on Xcelerator in 2009. It hit the boy's leg and he went through multiple surgeries to fix it. The ride has since been changed to a magnetic launch system. Montezuma's Revenge still uses the cable launch system.

Well. Looks like I'm never going on a roller coaster ever again. Or anything that goes faster than 5mph.

Darkbeer1

I can confirm it is still Cable driven. The only purpose of the Magnets is for braking purposes (Roll Backs).

Changes were made that covers most of the cable, to prevent a repeat of the tragic accident.

But it is still the same launch system. A new cable was installed in 2017/2018. This Cable, along with all replacement cables for similar coasters, have a new coating to help minimize shredding if it brakes.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I can confirm it is still Cable driven. The only purpose of the Magnets is for braking purposes (Roll Backs).

Changes were made that covers most of the cable, to prevent a repeat of the tragic accident.

But it is still the same launch system. A new cable was installed in 2017/2018. This Cable, along with all replacement cables for similar coasters, have a new coating to help minimize shredding if it brakes.
Oooh. Very interesting. Thanks for the correct info
Question for you, do you know if at a certain amount of rides or months or years do they just replace the cable with a new one as a extra precaution just because its been on the ride a while? If not how often do they change it out for guest safety?

Darkbeer1

Oooh. Very interesting. Thanks for the correct info
Question for you, do you know if at a certain amount of rides or months or years do they just replace the cable with a new one as a extra precaution just because its been on the ride a while? If not how often do they change it out for guest safety?

As with many items on a roller coaster/amusement rides (heck, same with airplanes), required maintenance is done every so many times a ride is used and/or hours of service. The standards start with the manufacture.

As for the cable, it is inspected on a very regular basis, and no matter what, it gets changed. About every 2 years is the ride's requirement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom