All things Knotts Berry Farm

Darkbeer1

New coaster?

Even more, but yes, that is one part of it. I mentioned it before, the current Haunt Barns will be removed after this year's Haunt. That is semi-public knowledge. Anything else is a combination of not released and final purchasing hasn't happened. But it is the next big step after Calico River opens. It even has a tie to the new ride's storyline. (Don't read too much into that, just general, overall storyline,)

Touchdown

What is haunt going to do after this year? While I’m excited about the new possibilities I worry about loosing those spaces. Those 4 houses are usually the best ones of haunt. I hope they get new spaces.

Darkbeer1

What is haunt going to do after this year? While I’m excited about the new possibilities I worry about loosing those spaces. Those 4 houses are usually the best ones of haunt. I hope they get new spaces.

They will be replaced. Giving the Haunt Creative Team Challenges seems to produce some amazing results, based on past history. They are already working on 2020 planning, but truly focused on this years details.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Even more, but yes, that is one part of it. I mentioned it before, the current Haunt Barns will be removed after this year's Haunt. That is semi-public knowledge. Anything else is a combination of not released and final purchasing hasn't happened. But it is the next big step after Calico River opens. It even has a tie to the new ride's storyline. (Don't read too much into that, just general, overall storyline,)
So we are kind of looking at the green area on the map. The blue area is currently Knotts. IIRC the red marked barns are Haunt barns. That's a pretty big piece of back stage.

K7Mb1DH.jpg

Darkbeer1

From Knotts.com

>>Enjoy the newest addition to Knott's before the gates open for the day. Calico River Rapids along with select rides throughout the whole park will be available for Season Passholders starting at 9am on Saturday, May 18.

Don't let the fun stop there. May 18 is also the opening day of Soak City Waterpark for the season. Grab your Gold or Platinum Pass and enjoy it all! Not a Gold or Platinum Passholder yet? Just stop by any ticket booth to easily purchase your pass upgrade.<<

Darkbeer1

Stopped by Knott's after work to see what is up. Henry has a new stomping ground, or well, the stomping ground was built around Henry. The metal Posts next to Bob got a speaker. The Metal pipes to make the rapids have been put back in place, and signs of water being placed in the river can be seen. The new pathway Lamps are awesome.

Soak City 2019 Pricing before discounts

jmuboy

Stopped by Knott's after work to see what is up. Henry has a new stomping ground, or well, the stomping ground was built around Henry. The metal Posts next to Bob got a speaker. The Metal pipes to make the rapids have been put back in place, and signs of water being placed in the river can be seen. The new pathway Lamps are awesome.

Soak City 2019 Pricing before discounts

I love KNOTTS! They really are trying to improve the park a little more each year. I do hate the obviously unthemed speaker perched on that rock :-/

Darkbeer1

I love KNOTTS! They really are trying to improve the park a little more each year. I do hate the obviously unthemed speaker perched on that rock :-/
There is still one week to go. If you saw the Plunger area photos in the album, they have a set of exposed speakers, but also a set of crates next to them. I presume after the test and adjust period is finished, the speakers will be covered by some sort of disguise. We know the Crates will be used for the Plunger area, Maybe a fake rock next to Bob?

NobodyElse

There is still one week to go. If you saw the Plunger area photos in the album, they have a set of exposed speakers, but also a set of crates next to them. I presume after the test and adjust period is finished, the speakers will be covered by some sort of disguise. We know the Crates will be used for the Plunger area, Maybe a fake rock next to Bob?

Yeah. I remember being one of the crash test dummies for Splash Mountain. It was a little strange seeing so many black speaker cabinets with EV (Electrovoice) stenciled on the grill mixed into the show scenes. That all got sorted out before public opening.

SuddenStorm

Yeah. I remember being one of the crash test dummies for Splash Mountain. It was a little strange seeing so many black speaker cabinets with EV (Electrovoice) stenciled on the grill mixed into the show scenes. That all got sorted out before public opening.

I'd actually be interested to read a detailed write up about how the ride experience changed from testing to opening if you're willing. Finding new/ unheard information about Splash is incredibly difficult.

Darkbeer1

Just in time for the lovely weekend weather.

Soak City opens tomorrow and Sunday for Passholder previews!! Don't forget your Sunscreen!!!

Darkbeer1

Well, being serious now. The weather this morning at 6:30 AM is Sunny with a few clouds in the sky. Should be a decent day to go jump in the water. The air temp on the other hand could be a bit higher.

I told my wife last night about the post above. She said no way I did that. Then I said Yes I did, you know my sarcasm level.....

Off to the LA Galaxy game, so happy the weather is nice. Going the LA Riot Squad for breakfast.... Whisky Pancakes!

Probably will stop at Soak City Sunday, if for anything, lunch at the Dining Hall, and to go across the street to say Hi to Henry and Bob.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Well, being serious now. The weather this morning at 6:30 AM is Sunny with a few clouds in the sky. Should be a decent day to go jump in the water. The air temp on the other hand could be a bit higher.

I told my wife last night about the post above. She said no way I did that. Then I said Yes I did, you know my sarcasm level.....

Off to the LA Galaxy game, so happy the weather is nice. Going the LA Riot Squad for breakfast.... Whisky Pancakes!

Probably will stop at Soak City Sunday, if for anything, lunch at the Dining Hall, and to go across the street to say Hi to Henry and Bob.
You are living proof there is more to do in Southern California than Disneyland and maybe the beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom