All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
The wife and I had a great time last friday at Knotts. We didn't do any rides but checked out all the little shops and did the tasting tour. Knotts had some yummy stuff. We then had fun at the melodrama . It's stuff like this that you just don't see at Disneyland anymore.

knottsCookiewich+-+Boysenberry++Ice+Cream.jpg

Rich T

The wife and I had a great time last friday at Knotts. We didn't do any rides but checked out all the little shops and did the tasting tour. Knotts had some yummy stuff. We then had fun at the melodrama . It's stuff like this that you just don't see at Disneyland anymore.

knottsCookiewich+-+Boysenberry++Ice+Cream.jpg
Please tell me that's ice cream and not frozen yogurt.

Ismael Flores

I love watching this simple ride for the young ones at Knott's.

It was hilarious watching them give it their all to get the carts to move. Of course it wasn't so fun when a couple kids started crying because they had to get back in line again. for some odd reason the worker was having trouble counting that day.
there were four carts and more than once she would let six seven children go in and then just stare at them as they stood there confused trying to figure out where their cart was. One young boy actually looked at worker and pointed out she was counting wrong. looked like she was to bored to care and just stood there.

but the ride is so much fun to watch and such a simple concept, great way to get the little ones to put down their electronic gadget and get a small work out

Phroobar

Original Poster
I love watching this simple ride for the young ones at Knott's.

It was hilarious watching them give it their all to get the carts to move. Of course it wasn't so fun when a couple kids started crying because they had to get back in line again. for some odd reason the worker was having trouble counting that day.
there were four carts and more than once she would let six seven children go in and then just stare at them as they stood there confused trying to figure out where their cart was. One young boy actually looked at worker and pointed out she was counting wrong. looked like she was to bored to care and just stood there.

but the ride is so much fun to watch and such a simple concept, great way to get the little ones to put down their electronic gadget and get a small work out

It's always that kid in front that make everyone else push him.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Sasquatch never made an appearance during the 32-year run of BigFoot Rapids at Knott’s Berry Farm, but the legendary folklore beast will take up permanent residence along the rushing river this summer when the renovated water ride becomes Calico River Rapids.

“Living in the foothills of the Sequoias as a child, I was both intrigued and terrified by the Sasquatch legend,” said Knott’s vice president of entertainment Ken Parks. “As a kid, I was extremely disappointed that an attraction called BigFoot Rapids, which had Big Foot as its main focus, did not include an encounter with the creature. We’ve righted that wrong.”

An extensive renovation of the 1987 BigFoot Rapids at the Buena Park theme park debuting this summer will transform the river rapids water ride into an animated attraction with nine thematic scenes and more than 20 animatronic figures.

The new look, aesthetic and design of the reimagined Knott’s ride was inspired by legendary Disney Imagineer Marc Davis, according to Parks.

“Marc Davis was such an inspiration that I wanted to include a few nods,” Parks said in an email interview. “These are new scenes, but their sense of tone is definitely an homage to Mr. Davis.”<<

“Every once in a while when you are trying to get somebody wet on the ride, you actually get soaked yourself,” Butler said. ”We’re going to have some fun surprises.”<<
yeah the closest we ever got to bigfoot being in the ride was a roar at the cave at the end of the ride but eventually they would turn that off and the waterfalls you could go under to get soaked sometimes would be intermident if they would be on or off that day. I am soo glad this ride is getting a update. I can't wait to see the new AA's

Darkbeer1

After Dinner at home, Lisa and I went to walk at Knott's.

Off Topic, but I did my second 5K Saturday (Angels 5k). Used my UpWalker, I did the course in 1 hour and 42 minutes. 3,522 participated in the 5K, and I was dead last, #3,522. But that was 10 minutes faster than my first 5K, so progress. And #3,521 was only 10 minutes faster than me....

So we went straight to the Calico River Rapids. The Entrance area concrete is now where a plumbing/electrical trench was. But now, the queue pathway pavement has been removed, and just dirt, I presume for new concrete.

The platform near the entrance (U-Turn in the river) is now a cabin, the view will be from the River and early in the queue (facing away from the main walking path). After the U-Turn in the river has a Log over it, about 8 feet high, I presume for the Woodpecker. Then at the original first waterfall (that could turn off when a raft approached) has a Mountain Lion/Bobcat on the Rock work. Below is a photo, though a crappy one. We are going back Saturday, and I will take better ones in the Sunlight.

20190424_205144-L.jpg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

After Dinner at home, Lisa and I went to walk at Knott's.

Off Topic, but I did my second 5K Saturday (Angels 5k). Used my UpWalker, I did the course in 1 hour and 42 minutes. 3,522 participated in the 5K, and I was dead last, #3,522. But that was 10 minutes faster than my first 5K, so progress. And #3,521 was only 10 minutes faster than me....

So we went straight to the Calico River Rapids. The Entrance area concrete is now where a plumbing/electrical trench was. But now, the queue pathway pavement has been removed, and just dirt, I presume for new concrete.

The platform near the entrance (U-Turn in the river) is now a cabin, the view will be from the River and early in the queue (facing away from the main walking path). After the U-Turn in the river has a Log over it, about 8 feet high, I presume for the Woodpecker. Then at the original first waterfall (that could turn off when a raft approached) has a Mountain Lion/Bobcat on the Rock work. Below is a photo, though a crappy one. We are going back Saturday, and I will take better ones in the Sunlight.

20190424_205144-L.jpg
That is awesome they already have an AA out there!!! Cant wait to see it in action!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Why not? You would probably enjoy it.
Mainly because whoever I went to knotts with wanted to go on rides instead of taking time to see a show. I do like the quiter elements of Knott's personally. The more intimate elements. Growing up my mom and Grandmother would take me mainly so we can have Mrs. KNOTT'S FRIED CHICKEN DINNER, which to me is the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life. Not sure if it is still the same since been years since I have had it. But we would go for a random day of food and shopping and visiting ghost town. I miss the haunted shack and minning for gold. I used to do them all the time as a kid. I used to love going on the train and getting robbed. When I was a kid I thought the robbers were real and someone was about to steal the train. I miss knotts. It has been waaaay too long since I have gone. Last time I went Excelerator had just opened and that is one bad baaaad baaaad mean roller coaster. I love me some excelerstor. Gotta sit in the first row. That view you get as your reach the top before you go over- amazing

Phroobar

Original Poster
Mainly because whoever I went to knotts with wanted to go on rides instead of taking time to see a show. I do like the quiter elements of Knott's personally. The more intimate elements. Growing up my mom and Grandmother would take me mainly so we can have Mrs. KNOTT'S FRIED CHICKEN DINNER, which to me is the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life. Not sure if it is still the same since been years since I have had it. But we would go for a random day of food and shopping and visiting ghost town. I miss the haunted shack and minning for gold. I used to do them all the time as a kid. I used to love going on the train and getting robbed. When I was a kid I thought the robbers were real and someone was about to steal the train. I miss knotts. It has been waaaay too long since I have gone. Last time I went Excelerator had just opened and that is one bad baaaad baaaad mean roller coaster. I love me some excelerstor. Gotta sit in the first row. That view you get as your reach the top before you go over- amazing
You can still pan for gold and the train still gets robbed. Too bad the stage coaches don't anymore. It's funny that the robbers are the same actors that were in the stunt show just on break.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You can still pan for gold and the train still gets robbed. Too bad the stage coaches don't anymore. It's funny that the robbers are the same actors that were in the stunt show just on break.
Oh ok I had no idea the gold was still there. Good to know. I know the shack is gone sadly. Knotts does have some great rides. I move me some ghostrider and Jaguar is charming to me. Like an extended Gadget's Go Coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom