All things Knotts Berry Farm

Professortango1

At least it's better than the initial proposal, which called for demolishing two of the prettier ghost town buildings and ruining that west side of the town next to the schoolhouse. The only point of interest for the Birdcage is the facade, the theater behind it is not any kind of historic, and the facade should be able to be moved somewhere else.

I too am pretty disappointed in the proposal. I don't think Knott's needs another coaster (they just opened Hangtime), especially one that intrudes on the scale of Ghost Town. Plus, the coaster looks pretty short, like it was heavily truncated to fit the site and budget. This project seems like poor siting and poor attraction choice.

The theatre itself is pretty historic. Steve Martin used to perform there as did Dean Jones. I've known dozens of professional local actors who have worked in that building for decades.

It was also my favourite venue in the park. The magic acts, the melodramas, A Christmas Carol...all will probably be lost. So we can build another 30 second coaster running 2 trains.

MK-fan

The theatre itself is pretty historic. Steve Martin used to perform there as did Dean Jones. I've known dozens of professional local actors who have worked in that building for decades.
It was also my favourite venue in the park. The magic acts, the melodramas, A Christmas Carol...all will probably be lost. So we can build another 30 second coaster running 2 trains.

Hey, hey, hey, it’s more like a 60 second coaster lol

Darkbeer1

Hey, hey, hey, it’s more like a 60 second coaster lol
The proposed coaster on the leaked document is a B&M Giga coaster similar to Fury 325 at Carowinds. The 325 refers to both the height at 325 feet tall, and a 3 minute and 25 second ride.

Of course, nothing official yet, nor any paperwork filed with the city for approval.

This cuts back on the Fort Knott's stuff for now, with Calico County being used as a placeholder name.

And Happy New Year to all....

Off to view floats this morning....

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

A short video I took of the NYE event at Knott's.

choco choco

The proposed coaster on the leaked document is a B&M Giga coaster similar to Fury 325 at Carowinds. The 325 refers to both the height at 325 feet tall, and a 3 minute and 25 second ride.

Of course, nothing official yet, nor any paperwork filed with the city for approval.

This cuts back on the Fort Knott's stuff for now, with Calico County being used as a placeholder name.

And Happy New Year to all....

Off to view floats this morning....

This would make the lift hill the same height as Supreme Scream. That's insane.

J4546

this would be a really cool coaster no doubt but i kinda like the small and well themed vibe the park has now and would rather an expansion with good theming and more smaller rides take up the spot for this coaster. Another wooden coaster or maybe a hanging coaster would be swell but keep it in scale with rest of the park. Keep massive giga coasters over parking lots in magic mountain imo

Professortango1

this would be a really cool coaster no doubt but i kinda like the small and well themed vibe the park has now and would rather an expansion with good theming and more smaller rides take up the spot for this coaster. Another wooden coaster or maybe a hanging coaster would be swell but keep it in scale with rest of the park. Keep massive giga coasters over parking lots in magic mountain imo

Amen! I feel like coaster fans have plenty to ride. Ghostrider, Supreme Scream, Hangtime, Xcelerator. Silver Bullet, Montezuma's Revenge. As for quality family rides, we're still looking at Calico Mine Train and Timber Mountain Log Ride. Two old standards. They tried to add Berry Tales, but botched it with an over reliance on the screens/shooting. Knotts needs another high quality family ride to bring something new to the table and round out their park. Another 3 hour wait for a giant ugly coaster isn't really improving the park.

Last edited:

el_super

Knotts needs another high quality family ride to bring something new to the table and round out their park. Another 3 hour wait for a giant ugly coaster isn't really improving the park.

Yeah I agree. I think it would be a shame if they didn't learn their lesson from Silver Bullet, and just went about destroying more of that small park charm that Knott's used to be famous for. They had a bit of a turnaround for awhile, but I guess the need for more coasters will always win out.

CaptinEO

Amen! I feel like coaster fans have plenty to ride. Ghostrider, Supreme Scream, Hangtime, Xcelerator. Silver Bullet, Montezuma's Revenge. As for quality family rides, we're still looking at Calico Mine Train and Timber Mountain Log Ride. Two old standards. They tried to add Berry Tales, but botched it with an over reliance on the screens/shooting. Knotts needs another high quality family ride to bring something new to the table and round out their park. Another 3 hour wait for a giant ugly coaster isn't really improving the park.
This isn't going to happen. As much as Knotts had made strides to be a family park they still seem to want to be Six Flags since at least the 90s.

When DL fans say they go to Knotts to spite Disneyland it always surprises me. Way different parks. Universal is much closer to Disneyland in terms of attraction quality but it's still a half day park.

SoCalDisneyLover

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if Disney bought Knotts back in the 90s and turned it into Disney's America.

Just what is needed, an even bigger monopoly for Disney, and more ability for them to charge whatever prices they want to due to lack of any competition.

PiratesMansion

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if Disney bought Knotts back in the 90s and turned it into Disney's America.

If it had happened exactly like that and never deviated, perhaps. And Disney probably would not have built, say, Silver Bullet in the way it was built.

That said, I think the imagined trajectory has blurred. I'd say current Knott's management has more respect for what Knott's is than 2022 Disney would have for Knott's today. Disney doesn't even understand their own theme park properties, let alone some other quirky local park that was bought two CEOs ago.

Emmanuel

D3D988A9-0AF3-4DF9-BAAD-7D9AB7AB6FA1.jpeg

Montezoomas is getting a major refurbishment

Phroobar

Original Poster
I'm glad Montezooma is getting refreshed. That and Jaguar just feel unsafe every time I ride them. Jaguar always feels like it is going to fall of the track since the track is so small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom