All things Knotts Berry Farm

truecoat

>>The move makes sense from both a customer service and operations standpoint. Cashless payments are faster for customers who spend less time waiting for employees to make change at checkout stations. The park also doesn’t have to spend time and labor counting cash or pay for armored cars to haul all that money back and forth to the bank.<<

The drawer is always short or over and if it’s short by 20 bucks then you assume you have a thief or someone bad with making change.

el_super

1638649142414.png

melmel374

These wait times are because Knott's is way overcrowded! It is no longer enjoyable. We were there and I was looking at Disneyland wait times and thinking why are we at Knott's?

PiratesMansion

Actually, my first thought at looking at those wait times was to be mad at Silver Dollar City for still running one train on Time Traveler...their most popular coaster...during Christmas...their busiest time of the year. Not ok.

But yeah, Knott's desperately needs to build something that's high capacity and do what they can to increase the efficiency of the rides they already have.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knotts was packed yesterday. I attempted to go yesterday and they made me park on the grass field in the main parking lot. Looking at waits, Berry Tales had 95 minute wait. Ghostrider was at 275 minutes. That is just impossible to move with that many people.

el_super

Knotts was packed yesterday. I attempted to go yesterday and they made me park on the grass field in the main parking lot. Looking at waits, Berry Tales had 95 minute wait. Ghostrider was at 275 minutes. That is just impossible to move with that many people.

I remember being at Knott's on days when Ghostrider and Silver Bullet were up to 90 minutes, and thought it was a miserable experience.

I can't imagine anyone waiting over 4 hours to ride Ghostrider. I don't have many contacts there anymore so I have no idea if it's a capacity issue, lack of staffing or pent up pandemic demand. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed. I'd imagine at the current capacity, they would be flirting with danger on New Years Eve.

josh2000

Most people on here are against reservations but without them you get a situation like this. Insane overcrowding. Expect this to happen more often as theme park visitation continues to increase year after year.

mickEblu

Most people on here are against reservations but without them you get a situation like this. Insane overcrowding. Expect this to happen more often as theme park visitation continues to increase year after year.

That’s not entirely true. The reservation system creates an artificial demand. The reservation system does make the busiest days of the year less busy (so long as Disney keeps capacity at 85%) but it also makes the less busy days more busy. I’d rather have the ability to cherry pick less crowded days as I have no interest in ever visiting during peak crowds anyway. Not to mention thats its nice not having to make a reservation.

Also this is traditionally the busiest week for theme parks every year so it’s not really a great week to base any sweeping statements on.

SoCalDisneyLover

The base Season Pass needs to be a minimum of $150. The middle Pass needs to be $200, and the Platinum should be $300.

Still a bargain, but would weed out some people, making for at least a slightly better experience on the busiest days.

If they started at $200, it would really cut down the # of passholders.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The base Season Pass needs to be a minimum of $150. The middle Pass needs to be $200, and the Platinum should be $300.

Still a bargain, but would weed out some people, making for at least a slightly better experience on the busiest days.

If they started at $200, it would really cut down the # of passholders.
Yeah because that strategy works so well at Disneyland.

Emmanuel

Just renewed my season pass for 2022. Also purchased a new souvenir bottle (the $15 one) and that one has a new thing for refills.

Previously with the normal souvenir bottle on return visits, you only paid $1 for each refill. For the 2022 bottles, you'll now be able to get all day refills for $5 each time you return to Knotts with it. You can even pre-purchase the $5 all day refills online before each visit.

Phroobar

Original Poster
A new show for the Mystery Lodge would be fun. The scary 80s tech presentation from haunt was fun in a kind of T2:3D type of way.

Special.

choco choco

Doesn't look like much of an expansion. Just two new streets looping to one new ride. Not going to do much for capacity. And we lose the iconic and historic birdcage theatre. Such a shame.

At least it's better than the initial proposal, which called for demolishing two of the prettier ghost town buildings and ruining that west side of the town next to the schoolhouse. The only point of interest for the Birdcage is the facade, the theater behind it is not any kind of historic, and the facade should be able to be moved somewhere else.

I too am pretty disappointed in the proposal. I don't think Knott's needs another coaster (they just opened Hangtime), especially one that intrudes on the scale of Ghost Town. Plus, the coaster looks pretty short, like it was heavily truncated to fit the site and budget. This project seems like poor siting and poor attraction choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom