All There Is To Eat At WDW Are Burgers and Fries!!

Californian Elitist

You haven't visited WDW yet but there are many options like that. Magic Kingdom has Be Our Guest with braised pork, mushrooms, onions, carrots, mashed potatoes, and green beans and chicken pot pie and lobster mac and cheese at Columbia Harbour House. A simple monorail ride to The Contemporary can give you a beef pot roast with mashed potatoes and vegetables, shrimp noodle bowl, grilled salmon with rice and vegetables. Not to mention EPCOT's huge array of quick service from Sunshine Season's pork chops with mashed potatoes, to rotisserie chicken, and fresh vegetables grown in the pavilion. Every World Showcase Restaurant has a lot of quick service, from ham and cheese crossaints, quiche, and pastries in France to fish and chips in the U.K., tacos and empanadas in Mexico to chicken and lamb platters with hummus tabbouleh, and couscous in Morocco.

That's really good to know, as I have no plans on eating at any table service spots when I go.

Little Green Men

That's really good to know, as I have no plans on eating at any table service spots when I go.
No problem! There are definitely table service restaurants you can get in same day, or making a reservation while your there a few days in advance. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom is good too. Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness has similar BBQ plates as the one at Disneyland in Frontierland and we made a reservation only a few days in advance.

Rodb

No problem! There are definitely table service restaurants you can get in same day, or making a reservation while your there a few days in advance. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom is good too. Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness has similar BBQ plates as the one at Disneyland in Frontierland and we made a reservation only a few days in advance.

agree.... we had a vegetarian in our group and they still liked Flame tree bbq.....

Princess A

It's a shame people think that there's only burgers and chips (fries) on offer... We have the QSDP for our trip in April and I was a little sceptical at first, but after reading around I have found a lot of pasta and sandwich options. My partner is happy to eat meat and chicken options like wings and ribs, however I prefer pasta meals and light food like salads. I think it is clear if you want more variety then table service meals are good, however from what I have seen there is plenty of choice for quick service too! I am not too fussy about food, I am happy to have a burger and chips if that's what is available. We personally have no ADRs at the moment, however we understand that our food will be more limited than if we did do ADRs and had sit down meals. I am happy to wait in a line if there is a restaurant that I really want to eat in, but for now we are content to use the QS plan and grab food to go. The last time I visited the US I barely ate because it was just too hot, however my friend and I found salads and shared a lot of our meals together as your portions are huge! Coming from the UK I am aware that some people are narrow-minded when it comes to "American" food, but at the end of the day I am visiting your country and will eat whatever you have on offer! :) I've been abroad with people before who make a beeline for places that they recognise, like McDonalds, and will never sample the local food. (I will never understand this). It sounds to me like I can visit Epcot and experience a variety of food without even having to visit the real countries. I am intrigued to visit the UK section and have some classic fish and chips. :D

Not sure what my original point was now as I seem to have waffled on... Oh well. :p I cannot wait to experience everything that WDW has to offer.

DisneyJunkie

It's a real shame how much people miss out on when they plan a WDW trip and then try and just wing it without looking up where they might like to eat (much of which isn't only burgers and fries), or what attractions they might like to see. They lose out on so much when they go ignorant.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
It's a real shame how much people miss out on when they plan a WDW trip and then try and just wing it without looking up where they might like to eat (much of which isn't only burgers and fries), or what attractions they might like to see. They lose out on so much when they go ignorant.

I agree with you. When I went with my girlfriend to WDW and DL in the past few years, I looked up all the restaurants I wanted to go to and made ADR's. To us, restaurants are an attraction and we made the most of dining while in Disney. If someone spending all this money going to Disney, make sure to go to several of the restaurants at the hotels and parks. All the menus are available online so they can pick and choose to their family's liking.

JohnD

I know a family in my home town where the father is a former CM. But they never make advance ADRs and settle for, well, burgers and fries when they go because they're out of luck finding a table at various restaurants. They, at least, should know better. But your average guest may be just unaware about making ADRs. Then they get hungry while in the parks and end up at the first CS that serves basic burger/fries type food.

Otterhead

But your average guest may be just unaware about making ADRs. Then they get hungry while in the parks and end up at the first CS that serves basic burger/fries type food.
When I used to go with my family -- many years ago! -- we'd eat most meals in our hotel and budget for one big TS meal at the end of the week. Back then, we'd scope places out in Epcot etc. and decide where to go, and make a reservation mid-week to go later on.

I think many guests don't expect just how popular the TS spots in Epcot are and are dismayed to have nowhere 'nice' to eat when they don't plan ahead at all and try to walk into Le Cellier.

bucklepants

My first real trip (about 11 years ago), I felt like MK and HS only really had the burger/fry options. We also didn't really know about TS/QS, and we were also young and on a tight budget. I think most of the times it boiled down to being hungry and going to the first place we saw, which happened to be burger and fry options. I was also very picky, so that didn't help. I didn't do much research, ok I didn't do any. However, we learned after that first trip there were so many places and options we missed. That made us want to go back and "do it right". I have to say the first time I learned that a lot of TS places filled up months in advance I was a little shocked. We had no idea how huge Disney World was, and how much planning was really involved.

Now I know, and I research like crazy, have read and re-read menus several times, map out where good food options might be, heck maybe even a burger. :) It's a hobby. I love planning for Disney trips, and the food part of planning is great fun. Some people ask me for help, some listen, some don't. The ones that do usually have a great time. The ones that don't and try to complain to me about TS filling up weeks in advance with a disgusted look I have no sympathy for.

I know I'm rambling a bit, but I guess I wanted to say that I understand where the person might be coming from saying Disney is all burgers and fries. They just don't know, or understand you have to put effort into it. The ones the WANT to put the effort in will have a great time, and this goes with more than just food.

I have to add this, my dad went with us a couple years ago. He had always heard about what a great time we had on our trips. He said, "I want to Disney like you guys do. You plan it all, I'll show up." He still had his doubts, thought he might get bored etc. He had an awesome time, and said he had never been pampered so much in his life.

Ramblings over.

Last edited:

mf1972

since we started going, we pretty much winged it the first 2 trips. were lucky to get into some of the popular restaurants. can't do that anymore, lol. as someone mentioned before, if u don't do your homework, most people probably don't know all the food options WDW has to offer.

Wow ! Ok so this person obviously didn't do her research and to me that's the first step in planning a Disney vacation. The menus and restaurant information are all on their website so no offense to your friend or whoever this is but she's just dumb. I don't think I ever ate a single fry or burger during my 10 day stay at Disney World on our last trip.

slappy magoo

Keep in mind location: Disneyland is in busy California, and tons of visitors are locals, using it like their neighborhood park; they like variety. WDW is more of a 'walled garden'; visitors there are more likely tourists, people staying on property, or international guests who want a quick meal, a sandwich, American food. MK has plenty of variety but they also have three other theme parks that people can easily hop to. Disneyland has, uh, California Adventure :)

Disneyland's other factor contributing to its menu is an external one. While WDW isn't as isolated as we like to think it is, it does a pretty good job making the "real world" seem pretty far away, especially courtesy of the onsite transportation so you don't necessarily need your own car. Depending on where you are on property, you might not have quick access to a restaurant not owned and operated by the Mouse. DL IS indeed in "busy California," you don't have that feeling of isolation, there are a lot of locals visiting, and because there are only 2 parks more tourists will have rental cars, so a lot of offsite dining options are within a very short drive, and more people have cars. So DL needs to have a more diverse selection of onsite dining options, so you're less likely to leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom