All-stars or Pop Century?

astratta

Original Poster
Hi all!
I'm heading to Disney with my kids in March and can't decide whether to stay at Pop Century or one of the all-star resorts. I've stayed at Pop before and loved it. I thought maybe I'd try something different and book an all-star resort, but not too sure. I've heard things about bus sharing, older rooms, and smaller food courts with fewer options. I also loved the ides of being across the pond from Art of Animation when staying at Pop. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Captain Barbossa

Hi all!
I'm heading to Disney with my kids in March and can't decide whether to stay at Pop Century or one of the all-star resorts. I've stayed at Pop before and loved it. I thought maybe I'd try something different and book an all-star resort, but not too sure. I've heard things about bus sharing, older rooms, and smaller food courts with fewer options. I also loved the ides of being across the pond from Art of Animation when staying at Pop. Any suggestions?? Thanks!
I've stayed at ALL-Star Movies 4 times and Pop once. I like them both, but I prefer Pop.

Spash007

We stayed at All Star Music in September, if you're not going to spend a lot of time at the hotel, it's fine. The pools were good, but the main Calypso pool did get a little crazy and loud at times. The food court worked for us to grab something quick, but also did get a little overly crowded/hard to navigate early in the morning. I'll admit there was a little bit of that "Disney Magic" missing - one of our drawers was broken, housekeeping would block paths with their carts, buses were tough to handle sometimes being combined with the other resorts (granted not as bad as it could have been or even as I expected). A lot of the staff, especially in the food court, lifeguards and front desk were amazing though.

Overall though, I'd try somewhere else next time. The cost was great, but I just wasn't wowed.

Ventureport

This April we will be staying at All Star Movies for the first time. We usually stay at Pop, but there was no availability when booking. From the pictures, they closely resemble each other, prior to the room refurbs. Not that big of a deal to us since we only sleep there, every other waking moment will be spent in the parks!

slappy magoo

With the exception of Movies, I feel like the All Star resorts look like rooms designed for kind of over-indulgent old people setting up a room for their visiting grandkids who couldn't be bothered finding out what the kids actually like. "You like sports, sure everyone likes sports, well here's a giant soccer ball! You like music, well, I have no idea what sort of music you like so here's a giant guitar!"

Given the choice, I'd pick Pop

Mainahman

With the exception of Movies, I feel like the All Star resorts look like rooms designed for kind of over-indulgent old people setting up a room for their visiting grandkids who couldn't be bothered finding out what the kids actually like. "You like sports, sure everyone likes sports, well here's a giant soccer ball! You like music, well, I have no idea what sort of music you like so here's a giant guitar!"

Given the choice, I'd pick Pop
You like jungle book? heres a giant baloo!

trylon57

I've stayed at all three of the All Star resorts, and stayed at Pop Century many times, and they are all pretty much the same. I like Pop a little more because of the nostalgic music and theming at the hotel. As far as bus sharing that only happens in the middle of the afternoon and it really is no big deal. So if you like nostalgia Pop is the place for you. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

slappy magoo

You like jungle book? heres a giant baloo!
Sure but I cut ASMovies some slack because of identifiable iconic characters. I could be wrong (correct me if I am, I'm not proud) but whenever I see pictures from Music or Sports, you don't see images of great moments in sports/teams/athletes or great bands/singers/album covers, it's all pretty generic, as if they wanted to avoid any logos or likenesses that would trip royalty fees (unlike Baloo, a character they own). And it comes across as half-@$$ed, to me anyway

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
Pop Century hands down. Love the refurbished rooms and they have their own bus systems which is a big help

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom