All-Stars Most Recent Room Refurb

dreamscometrue

It's been nearly 15 years since I've stayed at any of the All-Star Resorts. Does anyone know which of the 3 has had the most recent room refurb? And, regardless of that answer, would you suggest one of the 3 as best for other reasons besides most recent room refurb? Thanks for the help. :)

slipperalwaysfits

Not sure about which all star has the most recent refurb, I know they just re-did all the food courts at the AS, at least Music and Movies. Anyway, if you ask for a queen bed, you'll end up in an AS family suite!!! My mom asked for a queen bed and ended up with a family suite! The room had a bathroom, a separate bedroom and two couches that pull out. Hopefully, some families can benefit from this!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Not sure about which all star has the most recent refurb, I know they just re-did all the food courts at the AS, at least Music and Movies. Anyway, if you ask for a queen bed, you'll end up in an AS family suite!!! My mom asked for a queen bed and ended up with a family suite! The room had a bathroom, a separate bedroom and two couches that pull out. Hopefully, some families can benefit from this!
Your mom got a “magical” room upgrade. Merely asking for a queen bed will not result in an upgrade as the suites are a separate (more expensive) booking category.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

But didn't you pay the family suite price?

Upvote 0

Swoosh32

And, regardless of that answer, would you suggest one of the 3 as best for other reasons besides most recent room refurb? Thanks for the help. :)

I would suggest ANY of them EXCEPT SPORTS. Why, you might ask? I just find that Sports tends to have a higher "testosterone rich" teen environment. That particular resort caters to traveling teams that tend to have insane parents who are living vicariously through their kids who are on those teams. When we stayed there last, there were a couple of fights at the outdoor bar near the pool and several shouting matches between (what I am guessing) rival teams' parents. The pool situation was less than ideal as well as there were teen boys who were having "measuring contests" which made the pool practically unusable for the other guests.

In contrast, Movies and Music appear to be used more for the performing arts groups. There are teens there as well, but they don't (at least when we have stayed there) don't feel the need to prove that they are "the bigger man" all the time.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

But didn't you pay the family suite price?

We didn't have to pay the family suite price because like, @Tuvalu said, it was a "magical upgrade." The funny thing is, because it didn't have two standard beds, mom didn't want the room and it took about two hours to reverse the booking and get them moved to Calypso. They did pay for a preferred room, though. Disney even offered them a credit of $75 for the hassle. :rolleyes: Which was super nice.

We missed our reservations at Boatwrights that night because of the room hassle (again, NOT Disney's fault.) When we were waiting for the bus to Boatwrights and we were worried about time, my mom's friend said "We can walk." Ahhhh, newbies. They are funny!:eek::rolleyes::geek::jawdrop:

Upvote 0

wendysue

I would suggest ANY of them EXCEPT SPORTS. Why, you might ask? I just find that Sports tends to have a higher "testosterone rich" teen environment. That particular resort caters to traveling teams that tend to have insane parents who are living vicariously through their kids who are on those teams. When we stayed there last, there were a couple of fights at the outdoor bar near the pool and several shouting matches between (what I am guessing) rival teams' parents. The pool situation was less than ideal as well as there were teen boys who were having "measuring contests" which made the pool practically unusable for the other guests.

In contrast, Movies and Music appear to be used more for the performing arts groups. There are teens there as well, but they don't (at least when we have stayed there) don't feel the need to prove that they are "the bigger man" all the time.

I agree. We had a similar experience a few months ago. It was so noisy all night that we ended up getting comped a night. (did not ask for it, manager said it was what she wanted to do).

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I will throw this out there since it hasn't been mentioned yet. I stayed at Movies 12/18-12/20. All 4 times I used the bus to leave the resort (various times of day to various destinations) there were no other stops. However, all 4 times I came back to the resort (again, various times of day from various destinations) we stopped at Sports and Music before Movies. The Magical Express also made all three stops. It only added a few minutes and didn't bother me but it might be an issue for some.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

If we do one of the All Stars we always do Sports. For one reason only. You are first off the bus on the way back. Other than that there is little difference. Unless the themes are important to you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom