All Star Sports

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
All Star Sports officially reopened today and I’m seeing posts on FB that the rooms are not refurbished. Very strange. Especially considering all the construction that was happening the last few months. I was at Music in late January and saw construction vehicles there every day.
2D5210AE-A490-4783-AC39-1B26A575B64A.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
All Star Sports officially reopened today and I’m seeing posts on FB that the rooms are not refurbished. Very strange. Especially considering all the construction that was happening the last few months. I was at Music in late January and saw construction vehicles there every day.
View attachment 629685
Guessing it is phased refurb and still in progress?

RememberWhen

Yes Movies & Music are 100% renovated with the Murphy beds. Identical to Pop.
Thanks. It’s a surprise that sports isn’t. We’ve got one night booked there in August between other reservations, so it probably doesn’t really matter for us, but I’d be pretty annoyed if I assumed I was getting a refurbed room and didn’t.

Sbk1234

I'm staying there for a week in 8 days. It will be interesting to see what my impressions are of the room. I honestly don't know what to compare the room to, since it's my first time at this particular All Star. As long as it's clean and has enough beds for four people, I'll be happy.

Snow Queen 83

I can't believe they haven't finished the values. I guess they don't have enough financial motivation to do so. If it was a deluxe it would be definitely done by now.

castlecake2.0

I can't believe they haven't finished the values. I guess they don't have enough financial motivation to do so. If it was a deluxe it would be definitely done by now.
Over the last twoish years they’ve renovated All Star Music, All Star Movies, Saratoga Springs, Polynesian Village, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Art of Animation, I don’t think it’s out of line that this one is still being worked on.

Sbk1234

I stayed at the All-Star Sports for a week, April 9 - April 15. I have to tell you that my impressions were very high. The place was clean, room was comfortable (yes, small, but basically a standard room like in any motel), staff was incredible. Over and over the cast members went out of there way to make our stay pleasant.

Yes, there were spots that needed work, such as some of the decorations that flanked the tops of a couple of buildings needed to be redone. The hotel room was still carpeted, instead of a faux-wood, which would be more sanitary in a hotel room.

Still, the theming was whimsical and fun, and - while being arguably the least "Disney-like" of the value resorts - still had more than enough Disney atmosphere without being overwhelming. And I don't even like sports.

They are still doing work, but from time to time all resorts - even deluxe - have maintenance done. It wasn't an inconvenience to us in any way.

I was very impressed, and would stay there again with no regrets.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I’m just surprised they pushed back the opening date and when it finally opened, the interior renovations hadn’t even started yet. That’s just strange to me. I thought it would be completely done by the time it opened.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I stayed at the All-Star Sports for a week, April 9 - April 15. I have to tell you that my impressions were very high. The place was clean, room was comfortable (yes, small, but basically a standard room like in any motel), staff was incredible. Over and over the cast members went out of there way to make our stay pleasant.

Yes, there were spots that needed work, such as some of the decorations that flanked the tops of a couple of buildings needed to be redone. The hotel room was still carpeted, instead of a faux-wood, which would be more sanitary in a hotel room.

Still, the theming was whimsical and fun, and - while being arguably the least "Disney-like" of the value resorts - still had more than enough Disney atmosphere without being overwhelming. And I don't even like sports.

They are still doing work, but from time to time all resorts - even deluxe - have maintenance done. It wasn't an inconvenience to us in any way.

I was very impressed, and would stay there again with no regrets.
I love the All Stars as well. We stayed January 2020 at Movies and I was just at Music this past Jan/February 2022. I love the renovated rooms. I love the theming. Cast members were excellent. I typically don’t spend a lot of time in the room, I’m not really a pool person so for the price, they’re perfect for me.

Snow Queen 83

Over the last twoish years they’ve renovated All Star Music, All Star Movies, Saratoga Springs, Polynesian Village, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Art of Animation, I don’t think it’s out of line that this one is still being worked on.

It's cool, we can have differing opinions. I just think it should have been done by now.

castlecake2.0

Just a thought, the American Special Olympics participants will be staying here next month for the official games at WWoS. Maybe a decision was made to hold off on the refurb till after to ensure there was enough room capacity for the games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom