All Star Sports

Tomi-Rocket

I was just there Sept 18-23 and in one of the Hoops bldg and it was still one of the old rooms. I’m wondering if I’ll get a refurbed room in Nov when I go. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Mickey5150

Having just been at All-Star Sports I learned how to figure out which rooms are currently being refurbished. Stuck to the window of the rooms is a piece of paper. Sometimes it's red, white or green, depending on the step of the refurbishment I'm guessing. I saw that on one of the Surf's Up buildings throughout my stay and it started on Homerun building 8 just before leaving.

valenrandy

Checking in to Sports this Saturday. I have a preferred room and normally request Surfs Up 1st floor. Are there any preferred rooms that have been refurbed that may be on the 1st floor? Thanks

todd23

Any updates on how the refurbishments are moving along? I'm at All-Star Sports for two nights in January. I'm expecting to get a refurbished room because I would imagine most (if not all) of the resort would be complete by then. Amy I wrong to think that?

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Any updates on how the refurbishments are moving along? I'm at All-Star Sports for two nights in January. I'm expecting to get a refurbished room because I would imagine most (if not all) of the resort would be complete by then. Amy I wrong to think that?
As of about a week ago, buildings 6-10 are done. 4 & 5 are in progress. 1-3 are untouched.
AD900AC6-0FC1-48D0-804C-4434D202DAB2.jpeg

Tomi-Rocket

Stayed at Sports in a standard in Sept and preferred in Nov. I wasn’t too happy to get an old room on the first trip but I saw crews there and thought I didn’t need to worry because I was in a preferred room for my solo. Nope. I was very disappointed to walk into a run down room again. But I didn’t call to complain or make a fuss, I made the best of it, I was still at Disney after all. The only problem I had was over the week starting to believe the room was haunted. 😳

RememberWhen

Stayed at Sports in a standard in Sept and preferred in Nov. I wasn’t too happy to get an old room on the first trip but I saw crews there and thought I didn’t need to worry because I was in a preferred room for my solo. Nope. I was very disappointed to walk into a run down room again. But I didn’t call to complain or make a fuss, I made the best of it, I was still at Disney after all. The only problem I had was over the week starting to believe the room was haunted. 😳
Do you remember which buildings you were in?

LittleMerman

I'm staying at All Stars Sports for the first time next month. I have a preferred room - any opinions on what to request, if anything? Thanks.

todd23

Ok. Here’s a map of All Star Sports. The Standard buildings are highlighted reddish.

View attachment 685301
Per @DisneyDreamer08 buildings 6-10 are done (marked with blue) and buildings 4&5 are in progress (marked with green).
So if you have a standard room and want a refurbed room your best bet is to ask for a room in buildings 8 or 9.
I ended up getting an "old" room. I've stayed in new rooms at Pop and All-Star Music for the last five years. Walking in, it felt like I went back in time. The carpet was torn near the door. It was dark. There was a key for the safe. The toilet/shower room had a LOUD fan that turned on when the light was on. The phone didn't work. There was no floor space. It's crazy if my room was the same price as a refurbished room since they are not worth the same prices. I was in Building 2.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I ended up getting an "old" room. I've stayed in new rooms at Pop and All-Star Music for the last five years. Walking in, it felt like I went back in time. The carpet was torn near the door. It was dark. There was a key for the safe. The toilet/shower room had a LOUD fan that turned on when the light was on. The phone didn't work. There was no floor space. It's crazy if my room was the same price as a refurbished room since they are not worth the same prices. I was in Building 2.
Oh that’s too bad ☹️ Hopefully you didn’t spend too much time in the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom