All-Star Sports

Destiny Romayne

Original Poster
can anyone who has stayed there give me their Honest opinion? Usually when we go to Disney World we stay at a Moderate or above resorts (nothing against Value). We don't usually care for the super expensive hotels because on a Disney trip we only get about 4 hours of sleep a night since we do early entry and after hours each day....This is our first time going at the Holidays, we are staying for the whole week of thanksgiving and super excited. We booked a value resort because of the outrageously expensive prices. Can anyone who has stayed at All-Star Sports tell us if it was worth it/ decent?. We're staying at this one specifically because of the dining plan that was included with this hotel, saves us each about $650. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mickey5150

I've stayed at WL, AKL, BW, CSR, CBR, POFQ, PC, and all of the All-Stars and have chosen All-Star Sports as my home away from home. It's a cheap, clean place to sleep at night and shower in the morning. I really only use the food court for breakfast and I enjoy it. Being there around 8ish there is a crowd but there is always seating available. If you are going to AK it's only 5 minutes away and besides MK the other parks are within 15 minutes. I love All-Star Sports and it's the only place I ever choose to stay anymore. There is one last thing that makes All-Star Sports truly the greatest place to stay, you can have 2 nights at the Poly, 4 nights at Port Orleans, or 7 nights at All-Star Sports, and All-Stars would be the cheapest.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Prior to our trip in October 2014, we'd always stayed at a moderate, CBR or POFQ. I admit it, I was a resort snob, I had always considered Port Orleans my "home" resort and thought that anything other than that be "not good enough". On our last trip, we needed two rooms because we've got 3 kids, who were 16, 13 and 6 at the time of that visit (think bathroom logistics, space, etc.). We booked 2 adjoining rooms at All Star Sports and I was jot thrilled at that thought, dang it...I wanted my evening boat ride on the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs from the French Quarter! We arrive at the hotel via Magical Express and proceeded to the check in counter. I was expecting a tortuous process because it's a value (remember, I'm a resort snob). It went quicker than our last check in at POFQ. We walked into the food offerings at the End Zone Food Court which had recently been renovated and were pleasantly surprised by the variety of the food offered. We walked to our room which was in the football section (we'd requested the baseball section). We opened the door to the rooms and were very pleased. The furnishings were themed but not over the top. The size difference between a value and a moderate was negligible but the price difference was huge. We enjoyed both pools there and we never waited more than 10 to 12 minutes on a bus. As for the buses, we never shared with the other All Stars, going to or returning. The housekeeping was as good as we'd had a CBR and FQ, the customer service was your typical Disney service, good. As for this resort snob, I am in recovery. And as part of my recovery, I booked an upcoming trip, staying at All Star Sports. My new home resort.

belledream

4 hours of sleep?! I thought my 6 was the bare minimum. :p

Sports is just fine. The All Stars are all very comparable and the only reason why I would choose one of the other two over it is due to theme preference. Otherwise, it is exactly what a value resort is supposed to be. A good value.

Tyaloo

At Disney, I have never stayed at anything other than a value :). We have been to All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century and this year we will be "upgrading" to Art of Animation!

The values have always been fine by our standards. We have definitely stayed in worse hotels before "off property"!

Flyersgirl17

we'll be at sports for the first time this trip as well. we've been to all star movies & pop. I've really liked pop but i didn;t want to stay this trip since the resort itself is under construction. I'd love to hear about people's experiences.

KBLovedDisney

As a kid, we normally stayed at Deluxe and Moderate. Now? Only Value Resorts. Stayed at all three value resorts. In all honesty, yeah you get the luxury of having better transportation and slightly bigger rooms with the more expensive places but nothing beats the Value resorts. You get not only a totally different atmosphere, but also good quality with the price you pay. Same Disney feels, I promise.

m steve

We stayed at Sports this past December (during the holidays.) This was our first All Star visit and we liked it very much in all respects. I would recommend it!

BigHero4

Two thumbs up from my family! Clean, inexpensive and worth it for what we needed from an onsite resort (quick bite to eat and a place to sleep). Very clean and well kept. Both pools were nice. We stayed in the football building and loved the convenience of being so close to the lobby. It was a little loud the first night, but the other nights were quiet. Food court isn't extravagant, but clean and provided just enough food choices for our family.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I've been to all 3 and enjoyed the Movies and Sports the most, mainly for the theming. I, however, dont like large groups of kids outside at 6 AM on the football field chanting lol.

MickeyMomV

We stayed there last year and thought it was fine. We used to do Mod or Deluxe when we were going every 4-5 years now that we are going once or twice a year we do value with the occasional Mod. The only drawback we have noticed is the Full beds. The Queens in the Mods are definitely preferred. Admittedly we have not been to sports while they have any big events going on like Band, Cheer, or Football. That might make us rethink things.

Disney4family

Before we became BLT people, we loved Sports & always stayed at Sports. My kids still ask if we can just take the bus there just to visit. We stayed there late August and (thankfully) never experienced teams or cheers or anything loud at all hours of the night.
It's fine as everyone has said. It's fun. It's Disney. You're there. Enjoy.

daisyduckie

Two thumbs up from my family! Clean, inexpensive and worth it for what we needed from an onsite resort (quick bite to eat and a place to sleep). Very clean and well kept. Both pools were nice. We stayed in the football building and loved the convenience of being so close to the lobby. It was a little loud the first night, but the other nights were quiet. Food court isn't extravagant, but clean and provided just enough food choices for our family.

Ditto!!!

PaulaT

Like other people we usually don't spend alot of time in our room so we go for $$ when choosing. We just got back on Sunday. My husband and I stayed at POP in a king room for a few days before our girls joined us then switched to Sports for the last 2 nights. I personally think we all like POP better. Food court/pool area is better. As far as rooms they are all the same. We are splurging on a moderate for our trip in a couple weeks because for 8nights I cannot sleep on a full size bed. We are staying at coronado which has queen beds and a little more space in the rooms and for us it makes a big difference and was worth the cost.

RefillableMug

If you just want somewhere to sleep, All Star Sports is a great option. Sure, the rooms are smaller and older, but it serves its purpose. Expect the same amount of walking as with the Moderate resorts. The food courts aren't as great, but they're still good for a quick meal. I stayed at Sports for the first time last fall and would definitely return.

newhorizons1

I've stayed at All-Star Sports twice. Each time we had two connecting rooms, and it worked out perfectly for a group of 5 (plus it was cheaper than getting us all in at a deluxe). My first experience at All-Star Sports was in the tennis section on the third floor. That was great! It was quiet and kind of away from a lot of the foot traffic. The second time was in the football section overlooking the football field. That was no so great. There were people out playing in the section until well after midnight most nights. With that being said I would definitely stay there again, just in a different location.

NeverEnufDisney

Stayed at All Star Sports many times over the last 17 years. Resort has clean rooms, decent food court, and save money by less amenities. I would recommend being away from the pools as they can be noisy. Some would prefer Music or Movies as sports teams often are at Sports. Personally it never bothered me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom