All Star Sports preference selections

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey All,

Since my cousin is obsessed with all things sports, we’ll be staying there for our upcoming trip this fall. Anyone have any advice for room preferences that I should request? Thanks!!!

unmitigated disaster

What are you looking for? We ended up on the backside of Hoops and it was blissfully quiet; I'd stay there again.

But do you want to be close to the lobby building, the parking lot, or prefer quiet and further away?

belledream

Did you book Standard or Preferred? Preferred (Surf’s Up and Touchdown) will get you closest to the lobby/bus stops/main pool. Otherwise, Standard will leave you with a little bit of a further walk.

I’d just request a Higher Floor (for quiet). If theme doesn’t matter to you, you could try selecting Landscape View as the second and maybe end up facing trees instead of a pool. Then speaking of pools, Homerun Hotel does have the other pool at Sports so if that’s a plus for you, you could try selecting that.

All in all, I wouldn’t worry about it much. Sports is compact and the walks are really not bad. There’s also nothing spectacular about most views so you won’t be missing out on that much. And I always choose Standard and the last time I was there, I made the usual requests and ended up in Surf’s Up anyways! Ya never know.

DisneyDreamer08

We requested first floor (no elevator and easy in & out with the stroller) and close to lobby. We were assigned to the tennis building. After walking around the resort, the baseball section was our favorite in terms of theming but, it’s the furthest away from the lobby/buses. So it really depends on what’s most important to you.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Did you book Standard or Preferred? Preferred (Surf’s Up and Touchdown) will get you closest to the lobby/bus stops/main pool. Otherwise, Standard will leave you with a little bit of a further walk.

I’d just request a Higher Floor (for quiet). If theme doesn’t matter to you, you could try selecting Landscape View as the second and maybe end up facing trees instead of a pool. Then speaking of pools, Homerun Hotel does have the other pool at Sports so if that’s a plus for you, you could try selecting that.

All in all, I wouldn’t worry about it much. Sports is compact and the walks are really not bad. There’s also nothing spectacular about most views so you won’t be missing out on that much. And I always choose Standard and the last time I was there, I made the usual requests and ended up in Surf’s Up anyways! Ya never know.
We selected preferred just in case. I normally have good luck with choosing standard as well, but didn’t want to chance it since I’ve never stayed at Sports before. Thanks!

Mickey5150

If you have never been to Sports take some time to walk around. There a few fun statues around the property, Donald and his nephews playing tennis, Goofy in the quiet pool, and Mount Mickey a Mickey Mouse statue at the end of the Surf's Up section. Also the landscaping is very nice, especially in the courtyards between buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom