All-Star Sports or Wyndham Spa Resort

Chas&Company

Besides the theme ,are the All-star resort rooms just like motel 8 rooms?For the price i have the choice of either staying at Wyndham or the All-star sports. Could anyone tell me what the all-star resort is like? Size of room, how packed in Aug.,size of the parking lot,how are the buses going back and forth,whats close, etc. These ?'s may look odd but im looking for info thatu wont find in brouchers. Any info will be helpfull even odd info like how does the rooms smell?:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Maria

I stayed at the All Star Music once and was not impressed with the room. It was small and with a small bathroom. I don´t know of the Wyndham, but I´m guessing it is better.

It´s a tough decision to choose between those two. I personally don´t like the All Stars because there is way too much walking to the rooms. They are very spread out! I´m 100% sure they will be packed in July and August. Being the least expensive of the Disney ones, and designed for families... you can count on that, and that most of the families will be speaking Spanish! lol... Do you have kids?
The main advantage would be the free transportation, because the parks have package delivery to the Wyndham too and you are even closer to the parks (and to Downtown Disney!) staying at the Wyndham!

Someone mentioned that the Wyndham also had transportation in another thread, but I´m not sure if it has a schedule or how it works. Find out before you make that decision, but if transportation is not that important to you, I would go with the Wyndham. ;)

Upvote 0

Chas&Company

Original Poster
I looked at the all-star resort online and they do look like motel 8's.They look to far away and cheap. For the best bang for my bucks i will go to the wyndham. i dont know why i was thinking about cancelling my reservation at wyndham for the all-stars. I've stayed at the wyndham 2 years ago and it was fantastic. I almost made a mistake but im back on track.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Chas&Company
I looked at the all-star resort online and they do look like motel 8's.They look to far away and cheap. For the best bang for my bucks i will go to the wyndham. i dont know why i was thinking about cancelling my reservation at wyndham for the all-stars. I've stayed at the wyndham 2 years ago and it was fantastic. I almost made a mistake but im back on track.

I´m glad you chose that one! :sohappy: If you had asked about another Disney hotel, I would have doubted about it, but for the All Stars? no way! good choice! ;)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

The Wyndham is still, basically, a disney resort (it's on property) and buses run every half hour or so...personally, I'd always stay at a disney resort because that's the type of person I am...but I would certainly agree with your decision

Upvote 0

tmp

Even though the Wyndham is not owned by Disney the view of Downtown Disney makes it feel very Disney. Besides the Magic Kingdom resorts I feel it had the best views. The only thing that is missing is the themed hotel feel, but everything else (pool, rooms, service) gets an A+ in my book.

Upvote 0

tmp

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Just a side note...all the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd share a bus system. So expect long waits and standing room.
You could always walk over to Downtown Disney and use the bus system there. The walk from the Wyndham to the marketplace is not bad at all.

Upvote 0

monorail256

maybe the wyndham is a little bit more spacious then the all star rooms.. but if it was up to me... the rooms arent that bad at the allstars... i would stay there any day! i prefer the "disney" atmosphere...which include the food court and the stores (how could i forget the wonderful stores?!).... last february we stayed at the all star movies in the preferred (why preferred is beyond me..) and it wasnt that bad! you get what you pay for at disney. its up to you.. but those disney busses sure are nice :)

Upvote 0

Chas&Company

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Just a side note...all the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd share a bus system. So expect long waits and standing room.
Wyndham only shares buses with the hilton and they run every half hour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom