All-Star Sports Advice

bubbles1812

Original Poster
Hola!

I will be staying at All-Star Sports the 12th-17th of next month. I confess, I've never stayed at a Value Resort before (always been deluxe/moderate) but I'm in Orlando for a conference and couldn't justify the cost of upgrading for a working vacation. But! I am squeaking in a few (mostly half) days at Disney, I do get one full day on the 12th at MK. Going to the MNSSHP for the first time ever! :) But I degress...

I was wondering what I should expect out of All-Stars? Should I be waking up at the crack of dawn on the morning of the 12th in an attempt to not be on crowded buses or at least be on one where I get a seat? What about coming back from the parks at night? Any recs for the food court? Pool(s)? Ect. Thank you so much!

pixiesteno

The All Stars don't always share buses, during peak times the resorts have their own dedicated buses. The nice thing about them being so close is that when leaving the parks if there is a bus available for one of the other resorts it is a short walk back to All Star Sports. Many times the drivers will stop at the other resorts for drop off.
The value resorts are nice and have the basics that you need. Two double beds per room, unless you get a king room. Table & 2 chairs dresser, and they all now have small fridges in them that you can put snacks and drinks in. Dining at the value resorts is counter-service with numerous stations for different meal choices. All the values have a market type selection of foods sometimes it is in the dining area and sometimes in the resort "store". I am not sure where the one for AS Sports is, AS Music used to be in the "store" area where you could get cereals, milk, sandwich fixin's, chips, etc. Have a great time.

bubbles1812

Original Poster
How married are you to Sports? There's nothing really wrong with values. But the theming seems a tad better at the newer values.
Not very, but at the same time, if theming is the only reason to jump up to the newer values, I'd probably just stick with where I'm at. I appreciate theming but for this trip anyways, it's definitely not a make or break since the majority of my time I won't be in the room. Are there other things about the newer values that you appreciate more that All-Stars doesn't have?

Mukta

I always stay at All Star Sports if I am staying value these days. I only stay there to sleep and shower, so I don't have advice on food court/pools, but it is clean and safe. That is all I really need.

World_Showcase_Lover007

When you check-in, simply ask if you can have a room that is in the first or second sets of buildings. These are closest to the lobby & bus stops, which is important at the All-Star resorts because the third and fourths sets of buildings are quite a hike from the entrance. Having such a long walk back to your room can be treacherous after a long day of park-going and conferencing. I stayed at Music, and not knowing what to expect with a Value Resort, I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations.

Mickey5150

I stay at All-Star Sports every year during F&W. Breakfast for me is around 8 and I can always find a place to eat. The buses in the morning are always easy to get a seat and if buses are shared Sports picks up 1st. I'm always standing at the end of the day but that's by choice, I fine with standing, but the bus is crowded from the MK. For the pools the main pool is where all the noise is. I prefer the pool at baseball, quieter and looks cool.

French Quarter

Besides theming, the All Stars just seem more dated to me than Pop. I also find Sports to be too big. I'm sure it will be fine if you are just looking for a place to sleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom