• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All Star Resorts: Are the days of $89-$99 dollar (not including tax) days gone?

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
I am always checking the All Star prices and it seems like the passholder rate is now in the $125-$135 range (w/o tax) and in the $150 range for non passholder/discount even at off peak times.

Has anyone noticed this as well?

Animaniac93-98

Advertisement
I am always checking the All Star prices and it seems like the passholder rate is now in the $125-$135 range (w/o tax) and in the $150 range for non passholder/discount even at off peak times.

Yes, which is why I now look at off site hotels.

The "value" of the Value resorts is not there anymore, even if I like Pop Century.

SSH

they lost me the moment they charged for parking in those open asphalt lots....what a joke. Coupled with what they're now charging for these rooms, the value isn't there for me. You get almost all the same benefits staying at a disney springs hotel and can often catch deals with free parking and waived resort fees. Haven't stayed onsite since they added parking fees.

ParentsOf4

We booked a 4-night stay in an All Star Movies Standard Room in early February 2020 for a pre-tax average of $87.76 per night. Adjusted for inflation, it's pretty close to the $59 per night I recall from the early 2000s.

I had to try lots of different dates to find it.

Searching a moment ago, I found $105 per night for a Preferred Room for those same February nights.

Good rates for Friday or Saturday nights are much harder to find.

PrincessNelly_NJ

we paid $87 (after tax) per night for All star movies in a preferred room in August. The lower prices are still there but have to dig

Club Cooloholic

What are moderates going for nowadays, we have DVC but back when I last was booking which was around 5 years ago it was around 89 to 120 for a value a moderate was 150 to 220 and a deluxe could be had for anywhere between 275 to 400 with the right discount , I am thinking those days are long gone

deeevo

If they release the AP rate for the All Star's you might be able to pick one up for under a hundred a night from Jan 12-Jan 16 or Jan 20-Feb 12. No other time in the year will they be priced that low. Gone are the days of the "Value" season. A good old fashion recession will have them begging for AP's to fill up the rooms. Check Mouse Savers room rate chart for the depressing truth.

GinaD613

Forget early February. Disney is all sold out, and i had to book via Expedia. My DH and I wanted to go back to POR, but a fam suite at ASMu was cheaper, and we love the idea of each having our own bathroom. Not sure what nightly room rate was, since it was bundled with our flights. I’m afraid if I try to calculate it I’ll regret not having booked through AAA.

Queen of the WDW Screne

Forget early February. Disney is all sold out, and i had to book via Expedia. My DH and I wanted to go back to POR, but a fam suite at ASMu was cheaper, and we love the idea of each having our own bathroom. Not sure what nightly room rate was, since it was bundled with our flights. I’m afraid if I try to calculate it I’ll regret not having booked through AAA.
No it's not. You just have to be able to be flexible with your dates on the WDW website.

Dad 2 M & M

With our flexibility, we are able to get rooms sub-$100 for Tuesday-Thursday....and those are the best days to be at the Parks!

When traveling places outside the World, we enjoy the Hampton Inn, but find the Comfort Inns are far better value.

While in the World, we like the Values much more than the Hampton Inn, and are willing to pay $5.00 for a light breakfast.

As far as price increases/increasing, the Lake Buena Vista Hilton portfolio has seen price increases in the past few years as well. When eldest M&M began her College Program, we could get the Hampton on Palm Parkway for less than $80, and the one in Davenport (10 miles South) could be had for $64-$69. While you can still find a bargain (sometimes a quirk in the system), one has to have the same flexibility to get one of those deals now when searching the Hilton product.

Last note on comparing a Value Resort to offsite:

Anyone ever had issues with safety at the Values? At a Hampton Inn? We've NEVER had an issue while staying at a Value, but have had our car broken in to at the Hampton on Palm parkway.....

The_Jobu

We booked a 4-night stay in an All Star Movies Standard Room in early February 2020 for a pre-tax average of $87.76 per night. Adjusted for inflation, it's pretty close to the $59 per night I recall from the early 2000s.

I had to try lots of different dates to find it.

Searching a moment ago, I found $105 per night for a Preferred Room for those same February nights.

Good rates for Friday or Saturday nights are much harder to find.
Wow, was this an AP rate?

Top Bottom