All Star Music Resort Questions

MileZXO

Original Poster
Hi Guys

this is my first time staying on WDW property, normally stay off site, we chose to spend less on the hotel so we can go on the DDP which we haven't done before either and also so we can have more spending money of course :)

a few questions..

1) General thoughts on All Star Music Resort? - i don't mind anyone giving me heads up on any negative experiences, i like to know these things and be prepared.

2) Is it secluded? can we expect more bugs? normally we stay on i-drive where its not a problem

3) what is the pool like? especially in september, can i expect it to be busy with kids? is there is quiet time?

4) I noticed its close to Blizzard, how long does it take to walk? is there an easy path? how often are the buses?

thanks guys :)

belledream

1. It's the All Star I've stayed the most at, though they are all practically identical in layout. It has it's dated areas, but it's a value resort for a reason. You're paying to be in the Disney bubble for the least amount of frills so you can maximize your Disney fun! I personally think the resort is pretty compact but I've seen people complain that Broadway/Rock and Country rooms are 'too far' from the lobby but I personally like the stroll. If you want to be closer to the lobby without paying to get into a "Preferred" Calypso room, you could request Jazz Inn when you check in online, but it's not guaranteed. Also, we like staying on the bottom floor so we don't have to deal with stairs or elevators at the end of a long day. However, that may mean hearing more foot traffic or pool noise. The rooms are not sound-proof. You can definitely hear a distant toilet flush or people walking outside, but it's honestly not that bad.

2. It's in the middle of Sports and Movies, which you will only get glimpses of if you are in the outer buildings. But it's not like you hear loud noises coming from either of the other resorts at all. Never had a bug problem inside a room or out on the grounds.

3. There are two pools. The main, bigger/busier one, is Calypso Pool. Piano Pool is more secluded but also just a piano-shaped hole in the ground. They have specific hours so be sure to check those, but it'll obviously be more crowded during the hot afternoons than in the mornings. They do activities and at night, show movies sometimes so that may impact crowd/noise levels.

4. The All Stars are the closest to Blizzard Beach with the exception of Coronado Springs, but it's not that close and technically not walkable. However, these resorts are actually the few that have direct bus service to BB, so you should be good to go there! Intervals depend on time of day but I'd say you'd probably wait at least 20 minutes if you just miss one (like any other destination).

MileZXO

Original Poster
1. It's the All Star I've stayed the most at, though they are all practically identical in layout. It has it's dated areas, but it's a value resort for a reason. You're paying to be in the Disney bubble for the least amount of frills so you can maximize your Disney fun! I personally think the resort is pretty compact but I've seen people complain that Broadway/Rock and Country rooms are 'too far' from the lobby but I personally like the stroll. If you want to be closer to the lobby without paying to get into a "Preferred" Calypso room, you could request Jazz Inn when you check in online, but it's not guaranteed. Also, we like staying on the bottom floor so we don't have to deal with stairs or elevators at the end of a long day. However, that may mean hearing more foot traffic or pool noise. The rooms are not sound-proof. You can definitely hear a distant toilet flush or people walking outside, but it's honestly not that bad.

2. It's in the middle of Sports and Movies, which you will only get glimpses of if you are in the outer buildings. But it's not like you hear loud noises coming from either of the other resorts at all. Never had a bug problem inside a room or out on the grounds.

3. There are two pools. The main, bigger/busier one, is Calypso Pool. Piano Pool is more secluded but also just a piano-shaped hole in the ground. They have specific hours so be sure to check those, but it'll obviously be more crowded during the hot afternoons than in the mornings. They do activities and at night, show movies sometimes so that may impact crowd/noise levels.

4. The All Stars are the closest to Blizzard Beach with the exception of Coronado Springs, but it's not that close and technically not walkable. However, these resorts are actually the few that have direct bus service to BB, so you should be good to go there! Intervals depend on time of day but I'd say you'd probably wait at least 20 minutes if you just miss one (like any other destination).

Thanks so much for all of that :) that is much appreciated!!

200 days to go!!

Rob562

Actually, Blizzard Beach can be walked to from the All-Stars and Coronado, both safely and officially. (It's one of the few places on-property this can be done) There's sidewalks all along Buena Vista Blvd, and there are signaled crosswalks at every intersection with a traffic light (There are a couple driveways with just a painted crosswalk, though) and you cross Buena Vista Blvd by the McDonald's and then turn into Blizzard Beach at the mini-golf parking lot.

However the walk is about 1 1/4 miles from Music's lobby to the Winter-Summerland mini golf entrance.

(And as a side note, from Coronado the walk is just under 1 mile)

-Rob

m steve

I walked from Music to Winter Summerland just a few weeks ago. It's safe and takes 15-20 minutes. It would be a couple minutes longer to Blizzard Beach.

In my view, the grounds at Music are the most scenic of the All Stars.

Hi Guys

this is my first time staying on WDW property, normally stay off site, we chose to spend less on the hotel so we can go on the DDP which we haven't done before either and also so we can have more spending money of course :)

a few questions..

1) General thoughts on All Star Music Resort? - i don't mind anyone giving me heads up on any negative experiences, i like to know these things and be prepared.

2) Is it secluded? can we expect more bugs? normally we stay on i-drive where its not a problem

3) what is the pool like? especially in september, can i expect it to be busy with kids? is there is quiet time?

4) I noticed its close to Blizzard, how long does it take to walk? is there an easy path? how often are the buses?

thanks guys :)
This is my favorites resort. We found no problems the times we stayed. If your not spending much time at the resort it’s perfect. The pool is never really packed especially in September. The breakfast is great BTW. The only thing is try to get a room closer to where the lobby is. It isn’t that bad of a walk but the rooms all the way in the back are a little far for kids after a long day at the park.

MileZXO

Original Poster
This is my favorites resort. We found no problems the times we stayed. If your not spending much time at the resort it’s perfect. The pool is never really packed especially in September. The breakfast is great BTW. The only thing is try to get a room closer to where the lobby is. It isn’t that bad of a walk but the rooms all the way in the back are a little far for kids after a long day at the park.

Thankyou! luckily no kids! just two big kids :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom