All-Star Music Resort Bus Transportation

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
Hey so I have a trip coming up in April with some friends, and we are staying at the All Star Music per their request. (Why they like it so much, I am not sure). When I was a local, I would drive friends around and we would just drive from park to park. Since moving back to my home town, one of the friend insists we drive his car and only he can drive the car. I say all that to say we are unable to drive his car around Disney, because he does not want to nor will he let me. What are the buses like for the All Star Music as far as fast and on time?

disneylover97

This past December (week before christmas so pretty busy) I stayed at the All-Stars. The buses were always on time at the resort, and we never waited more than 10 minutes at the parks. Honestly I was surprised at how fast the buses came. It is also nice because each All-Star has its own bus, and if music is full you can take the movies or sports back to your resort!!

I hope you have a wonderful time in the world :)

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
Great to hear and last questions, because like I said, I never use the buses. If we want to make part opening for any park, what time do you need to be at the bus stop?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Never had a problem when I was at AS Sport in Sept, and they do now have the screens up showing how long the waits are for each bus.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Great to hear and last questions, because like I said, I never use the buses. If we want to make part opening for any park, what time do you need to be at the bus stop?
We always make sure we are at the bus stop an hour before park opening; this allows time for waiting for a bus, gives a cushion for any travel delays, allows time to walk from bus stop to park entrance and going through security.

graphite1326

This past December (week before christmas so pretty busy) I stayed at the All-Stars. The buses were always on time at the resort, and we never waited more than 10 minutes at the parks. Honestly I was surprised at how fast the buses came. It is also nice because each All-Star has its own bus, and if music is full you can take the movies or sports back to your resort!!

I hope you have a wonderful time in the world :)
Not sure if you are saying each bus has it's own return bus. Not always the case. When leaving EPCOT after the fireworks we got to the bus station just as they were separating the lines from just one ALL STAR RESORTS to three separate lines so it may depend on the crowds.

KaliSplash

Buses are very good. In the morning and and late afternoon and late night, each resort gets its own bus. During late morning early afternoon, hey may share. (during sharing time, it was better to be staying at Sports rather than Music or Movie because it's the first to load and the first to unload. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Matt_Black

Buses are very good. In the morning and and late afternoon and late night, each resort gets its own bus. During late morning early afternoon, hey may share. (during sharing time, it was better to be staying at Sports rather than Music or Movie because it's the first to load and the first to unload. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Of course, those are periods when there aren't as many people going. Both guests on the bus and traffic to the parks is going to be a bit lighter, so it evens out.

Dad 2 M & M

Not sure if you are saying each bus has it's own return bus. Not always the case. When leaving EPCOT after the fireworks we got to the bus station just as they were separating the lines from just one ALL STAR RESORTS to three separate lines so it may depend on the crowds.
Same thing happens after Epcot fireworks for Pop/AoA and Beach Club/Yachtsman/Swan/Dolphin. I will say I had never had shared busing until this past fall, and still have NEVER seen or experienced the shared busing for All-Stars. Beach Club/Yachtsman/Swan/Dolphin are ALMOST always shared, Pop/AoA is shared often late at night.....

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Times from this site are fairly accurate: http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.Vp0JcfkrKUk

Since Music is sandwiched between Sports and Movies, you will have to wait for loading/unloading at those resorts as well, which may increase your wait times. We stayed at Sports and it wasn't horrible (even traveling with kids)
During peak times, the busses are direct. We stayed at the all star movies and the busses were fine.

Lyear

We had stayed as ASM in November and had no problems with buses. I think the longest we waited was 15 minutes, and that was the outlier, not the normal. Usually we had a bus arrive within 5 minutes at the resort. I had heard horror stories of people waiting, sharing buses with other AS resorts, etc, but there was nothing like that for us. I would recommend being at the bus stop at least an hour before park opening if you want to catch the welcome show.

graphite1326

Same thing happens after Epcot fireworks for Pop/AoA and Beach Club/Yachtsman/Swan/Dolphin. I will say I had never had shared busing until this past fall, and still have NEVER seen or experienced the shared busing for All-Stars. Beach Club/Yachtsman/Swan/Dolphin are ALMOST always shared, Pop/AoA is shared often late at night.....
Really, every time we stay at an All Star most of the time (90%) we share the bus on the way back but hardly ever on the way to the park. I have never shared a bus at POP. In fact I didn't even know they did.

Dad 2 M & M

Really, every time we stay at an All Star most of the time (90%) we share the bus on the way back but hardly ever on the way to the park. I have never shared a bus at POP. In fact I didn't even know they did.
I'm staying at Pop now, and just returned from MK. I saw all three All Star buses tonight after park closing, plus both Pop and AoA (so no sharing tonight, at least at MK). By the way, the parks are much busier than we expected; DHS was really crowded last night at park closing; MK was much more crowded than we expected and didn't thin until well after 9:00 - even with temps in the low 50s, high 40s throughout the day.

Thanks for mentioning you sharing experiences, as I was beginning to wonder if the "All Star shared busing" was an Urban Legend.

graphite1326

I'm staying at Pop now, and just returned from MK. I saw all three All Star buses tonight after park closing, plus both Pop and AoA (so no sharing tonight, at least at MK). By the way, the parks are much busier than we expected; DHS was really crowded last night at park closing; MK was much more crowded than we expected and didn't thin until well after 9:00 - even with temps in the low 50s, high 40s throughout the day.

Thanks for mentioning you sharing experiences, as I was beginning to wonder if the "All Star shared busing" was an Urban Legend.
I would like to point out that we always go in the off season and the parks are not that crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom