All Star Music - rennovations have begun

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I stayed at ASMusic 10/29-11/6 and they're currently working on several buildings renovating the rooms to, I would assume, be like Movies. I didn't snap any photos but they're working from early AM - late PM to get these done ASAP I'm assuming.

J Pye

Did you notice which buildings out of interest? I'm aware that Calypso was under refurb about a month ago. We're staying there over Christmas in a preferred room and wouldn't mind a refurbed room!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Did you notice which buildings out of interest? I'm aware that Calypso was under refurb about a month ago. We're staying there over Christmas in a preferred room and wouldn't mind a refurbed room!

I don't know the building numbers but 1 Calypso building was being worked on and the one right next to it between Calypso and Broadway building 8 (that's where I was staying). Seems like they're working on the buildings closest to Movies 1st.

J Pye

I don't know the building numbers but 1 Calypso building was being worked on and the one right next to it between Calypso and Broadway building 8 (that's where I was staying). Seems like they're working on the buildings closest to Movies 1st.
Thanks! Those are both preferred buildings. It depends on how quick they are on refurbing Buildings 9/10 then. 50% shot at a refurbed room. Month and a half for them to finish those two buildings; not sure on my chances tbh.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks! Those are both preferred buildings. It depends on how quick they are on refurbing Buildings 9/10 then. 50% shot at a refurbed room. Month and a half for them to finish those two buildings; not sure on my chances tbh.

don't hold your breath but good luck! Looks like they're knocking down some walls to make suites as well so it may take a while.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like some of the rooms are done. Just saw a post on Twitter someone stayed in the Jazz section in a new/refurbished room

Dad 2 M & M

Here is what we have observed this week:

Broadway BLDG 8
- The "Right Hand Half" is under renovation.....That is Rooms 1 - 24 (1st Floor 8401-8424, 2ND FlooJ

Jazz BLDG 9
- Entire BLDG is under renovation....they are installing drywall, so it is a few weeks away

Calypso BLDG 10
- Building looks completed, and the cleaning/punch crew was working there Wednesday. I'd imagine these are available soon, and some might already be being used.

We'll take another look over the weekend and see if anything else is going on....

nxh

thanks dad2m&m for the recon.
I have a trip planned for next month and from the looks of things 1 out of 4 preferred bldgs are done, so it sounds like its probably best altogether to avoid allstar music and book movies, pop century or similar refurbished resort?

Mainahman

This sounds great! Were going to be there in july. Staying at music over POP as they had cheaper suites than AOA and we need one this time. looking even better we will get an upgraded Suite.

PREMiERdrum

We have a 3 room booking just after New Years for a trip with extended family: Family Suite for the kids, my wife, and I a Preferred Room for my in-laws, and a Standard Room for my sister, niece, and nephew.

Can someone please point me towards which building I should request for the Family Suite and Preferred Room to get a shot at a renovated room?

thecouch

Building 10 is done and its a preferred building and has family suites. Building nine is the same but is fully closed for reno but only been closed for a couple weeks so will be a bit of push to be open by then. Only Other preferred building with family rooms are building 1 and 2 and they will be last ones renovated by the sound of it so they are way off

PREMiERdrum

Building 10 is done and its a preferred building and has family suites. Building nine is the same but is fully closed for reno but only been closed for a couple weeks so will be a bit of push to be open by then. Only Other preferred building with family rooms are building 1 and 2 and they will be last ones renovated by the sound of it so they are way off

Thank you!

thecouch

last update i saw a week ago building 10 finish . building 9 is 2/3 finish with guest in some of the new rooms . building 8 is fully closed and only small work started there

Laugen

last update i saw a week ago building 10 finish . building 9 is 2/3 finish with guest in some of the new rooms . building 8 is fully closed and only small work started there
So I requested Broadway section for end of March. How likely is it that they will be using the section by then or that my quest will help us get a new room?

thecouch

If you get a room in Broadway in March it will be a renovated room. Pretty sure there is people already getting rooms in building 8 and building 7 is closed. Building 8 started late Dec and 7 a few weeks ago. The first 2 buildings too 2 and half months and just under 2 months

Msanco

I'm checking in at ASM in two weeks. Does anyone know if they are already locating guests at the renovated rooms? It would be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom