All-Star Movies Question

WDW Imagineer

I am staying at the All Star Movie Resort. My question is: does each room have a hair dryer? With all the added security in the airports, I'm not sure if the medal on the dryer will activate the alarms. Since the metal detectors are very sensitive, I don't want anything to delay or ruin our trip.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I am almost certain that they do, but hopefully someone else will check in on this. (I don't want anyone blaming me for any bad hair days)

:wave:

Upvote 0

David

Hope you don't mind if I piggy-back your thread, but I have some questions too. Which building is the one nearest to the check in building? I read on one of the threads that you can fax a request to Disney for a certain building about a week before arrival. Is this true? How succesful is it? What is the fax number? Thanks in advance.

31 days to go!

Upvote 0

maureen ashton

No hair dryers at All Star Resorts, bring your own, look into a cheap travel hair dryer for the trip. Depends on which All Star Resort. At Movies, Fantasia II and part of Toy Story are the closest. At Sports Surfing and Football are the closest. I don't know about Music. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

To answer both peoples questions...

Your room will not come with a hair dryer, but you can request to get one once you are there.

The closest buildings to the main area are the Fantasia Buildings. Just be warned that those buildings are considered preferred and do cost more than the other buildings.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Packing a hair dryer in a checked bag shouldn't be a problem. It shouldn't be a big problem packing it in a carry on and sending it through a x-ray machine.

Security should be able to detect that it is a hair dryer.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Disney Insider is absolutely correct. As far as hairdryer transport, I always pack my hair dryer which is a regular full size monster!! I put it in my packed and checked bag and have never had a problem with it. I have flown on at least six occasions since 9/11/001 and havent had any problem with security

Upvote 0

chellnjr

I like being in the Toy Story buildings. They are fairly close to the food court and bus stops. Actually it is a little closer to the bus stop from the Buzz building if you follow the little path that is close to the parking lot. It is a nice peaceful walk each morning.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

If you cant get into Toy Story..and don't want to pay extra for Fantasia..we had a great location in Dalmation Bldg. #1~ The kids loved the theme..we were very close to everything, pools, food court, busses, laundry etc. No extra charge. I called the resort first thing in the AM before we flew out because we were arriving late in the evening..we had two rooms because we had five kids with us (..they arent all ours!) and I wanted to be fairly close w/o paying extra...I had called in a request and sent in the fax about 5 days prior then the day of arrival I called EARLY! We got almost exactly what we wanted...2nd floor instead of first..but we were close, had a great view..could stand out on the walkway and see both pools etc...cant wait to go back!

Upvote 0

WDW Imagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by 2827tigger
I'm sorry but I have to ask. If you are in Tampa why are you flying to Disney??

I have a friend flying in from NY (first time since 9/11), and she is a little scared, and she asked me, so I went and asked the people who would know best!

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom