All Star Movie vs. Pop Century

Lisalyn

POP for sure! First off, it has it's own bus system so you don't share buses with the other All Star resorts! That is HUGE in my book. The decor, atmosphere, degree of "happy" and fun all play into it also. I've been the past 6 years in a row and this December with be my 4th stay there - POP for sure! OH and the food court is yummy!

SMS55

Stayed at both and love them both. The wife prefers POP. If you want to be close to the bus stop that is a request you can make. At Pop we stayed back near the lake across from AoA and I loved the fact that it was so quiet. The one benefit that Pop has, is that it has its own buses. All Stars will sometimes share buses so if you are at Movies lets say, you'll be the last one to get off, or the bus might be crowded when it gets to you. During peak hours each resort will get it's own bus though. I do find the rooms at Pop to be just a tad bit small than All Star though.Having said that, they are both great resorts and will probably serve your needs fine. We just want a place to shower and sleep, so we always go value.

SAV

The answers to your specific questions will not help in this case. Less Crowded Busses the nod goes to POP. Depending on where your room is, the edge may go to ASMo since POP is a HUGE resort. But honestly, you are going to be walking and walking at the parks, so a bit longer walk at the resort isn't really going to matter much overall. And it isn't like you will be walking an extra mile, it'll just be a little longer walk.

Personally, I love POP Century. I'd try to get a room in the 60's section overlooking the lake. It is relatively close to the lobby & food court and is quieter than overlooking the pool.

popcenturylover

Never stayed at the Allstars but, we've stayed at both POP & AOA & love both of them! My DD was just a month shy of 4 on our last visit & she loved both resorts but, she absolutely fell in love with AOA! Especially the LM rooms!!! Like everybody says at POP & now AOA you don't have the resorts sharing a bus. At POP we pay for a preferred room to be close to the food court(need my morning pot of coffee!) & bus stops.

lunchbox1175

All Stars, POP is over crowded because as you can see, so many people love it, also if there is some kind of special event like a cheerleading convention or something, the majority of them will be staying at POP. The two worst expeirences i have had were both at POP.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We've stayed at both All-Star Movies and Pop, and I'd have to give the edge to Pop as well. However, depending on what time of year you go, the values can be very crowded, and long walks to the bus station may not be avoidable. We had a great experience at both, but were there during low crowd times. The rooms are very small, but kids love the theming, and you don't spend much time in the rooms anyway. The one gripe was the buses - but that's really a value vs. mod/deluxe issue. If we were doing another value stay we'd probably go with Pop or AOA.

luv

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Pick the theme you like more and go with it.

For young kids, I think the All Stars are more impressive. They don't know or care about nostalgic stuff, but they like big Woody and whatnot. That cute baby won't know anything but "big thing", if she even notices that, so just pick what you like. :)

When Pop was newer, I'd pick that...because it was newer and nicer. Now it just doesn't matter.

If you want to be close to the food court, you can pay a little extra for a preferred room.

And I know zip about busses.

PolynesianPrincess

We've stayed at All Star Movies before and out of all the All Star resorts, we prefer sports because it's the first stop picked up and the first stop dropped off if they''re sharing buses that day. This always guaranteed us a seat on the way to the parks. Since movies is the last picked up, mostly everyone boarding there had the stand and sometimes the buses would fill at Music and they wouldn't even go to Movies. We are giving Pop a try before our cruise in Sept.

bethymouse

The Hippie Dippie Pool @ Pop is fun! Everything Pop is a nice food court and gift shop all in one. Their bus is better IMHO because it doesn't share it w/ 3 resorts. I like the fact now that you can use the bridge to go to AOA. We stayed in the 70's section ( the Big Wheel section). It wasn't too far. Just ask for a room closest to Everything Pop at check in.:)

Tinkerfan4ever

All Stars! We have stayed at both All Stras and Pop (actually, Movies twice and Music once at the All Stars). We prefer the decor at Movies over Pop. The kids (11 and 6 now but were younger when we stayed there) LOVE the Toy Story section of Movies. We felt we waited longer for busses at Pop and every time we have stayed all the All Stars they did NOT share busses. Food courts were about the same, but we didn't eat at either very much.

Here is a hint we learned at the All STars. If you are in the Mighty Ducks section, it is quite a walk to the main building. But it is a short walk to the Music building and you can catch the busses there. Just something to keep in mind. :)

durangojim

Never stayed at any of the All Stars, but have stayed at AoA and usually stay at deluxes, Pop is very good and has the best bus transportation on property IMO.

G00fyDad

This coming trip will be our first at ASMo. We have stayed at pop a couple of times in the past but it was nothing special. Too crowded. I am looking to get a room near the parking lot in the Buzz Lightyear building at ASMo this October. Hopefully I'll get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom