Alittle Disappointed

petersenjp

To my surprise a couple of weeks ago, I receive a personal letter from someone in Michigan. Disney had sent our reservation payment info to someone else (no CC information on it). Luckly this person was nice enough to send it back to us. Then, another couple we were traveling with received someone elses information.

I know Disney's printing place does tons of printing and "cutting" a day, but wow!!!! The sheets actually have all the information on them to access someone's reservations. Now, I know they couldn't do much once they accessed it, but still I dont like someone having access to my account. We ended up having to password protect the account.

Disney, please either be alittle more careful with our reservations infomration, or dont put all our information on the sheets!!!!!

Philo

That is pretty serious. In the UK you could bring a Data Protection case against them for not taking due care.

I'm sure it is all an innocent and rare mistake but I would consider writing to Disney to alert them to the problem.

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Original Poster
I know its a innocent mistake. Most likely its an automated process and the machine didn't cut the reservation sheets apart, but in that case, Disney does need to make sure all the information is not on those sheets.

Really, its not that big of deal, I just think they need to rethink what they are printing on the sheets. :shrug:

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

I called for a Dining reservation just to be informed that I had NO RESERVATIONS at all, no room, nadda.....so they transferred me and they informed me that I stayed at the AKL villa on the 23rd of December thu the 27th of 2007!! My reservations were for Dec 23rd-27th for 2008!

I was lucky enough that I could get my original reservations back, they gave me a little bit of a hard time about it because they insisted I was there untill I FREAKED OUT...and told them that I had the printed proof in front of me. (which I faxed to them)

There reservation system is on a downward spiral.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

To my surprise a couple of weeks ago, I receive a personal letter from someone in Michigan. Disney had sent our reservation payment info to someone else (no CC information on it). Luckly this person was nice enough to send it back to us. Then, another couple we were traveling with received someone elses information.

I know Disney's printing place does tons of printing and "cutting" a day, but wow!!!! The sheets actually have all the information on them to access someone's reservations. Now, I know they couldn't do much once they accessed it, but still I dont like someone having access to my account. We ended up having to password protect the account.

Disney, please either be alittle more careful with our reservations infomration, or dont put all our information on the sheets!!!!!

You are not alone in this. I paid for my reservation in full in early November and expected my confirmation in the mail soon after. However, nothing came. About 3 weeks ago I got a small envelope in the mail that said Disney Reservation Center on it. I opened it up and it was my reservation and a note attached explaining that my reservation had been sent to the wrong family. Luckily, the woman was nice enough to send my confirmation to me. She also stated that her reservation confirmation had also been sent to the wrong person and that person mailed hers.

I do not know what Disney is on but I do not appreciate my information being mailed to someone else. However, I appreciate the lady who sent my information to me.

Disney reservation center needs to get its act together! As it stands now, I am still waiting for my vacation documents (luggage tags, etc.) and I have yet to receive them and I leave in less than a month.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

You are not alone in this. I paid for my reservation in full in early November and expected my confirmation in the mail soon after. However, nothing came. About 3 weeks ago I got a small envelope in the mail that said Disney Reservation Center on it. I opened it up and it was my reservation and a note attached explaining that my reservation had been sent to the wrong family. Luckily, the woman was nice enough to send my confirmation to me. She also stated that her reservation confirmation had also been sent to the wrong person and that person mailed hers.

I do not know what Disney is on but I do not appreciate my information being mailed to someone else. However, I appreciate the lady who sent my information to me.

Disney reservation center needs to get its act together! As it stands now, I am still waiting for my vacation documents (luggage tags, etc.) and I have yet to receive them and I leave in less than a month.

I got my Disney Package today!!!!!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Original Poster
email

I just sent an email describing the issue to disney. We will see what they say. I just think that a couple tweaks would secure the information enough so they couldn't access my account, on the other hand, I dont like everyone seeing my name, address, and how much I just spent for my vacation.....hmmmmm

Upvote 0

SeaBreeze

I called for a Dining reservation just to be informed that I had NO RESERVATIONS at all, no room, nadda.....so they transferred me and they informed me that I stayed at the AKL villa on the 23rd of December thu the 27th of 2007!! My reservations were for Dec 23rd-27th for 2008!

I was lucky enough that I could get my original reservations back, they gave me a little bit of a hard time about it because they insisted I was there untill I FREAKED OUT...and told them that I had the printed proof in front of me. (which I faxed to them)

There reservation system is on a downward spiral.

My dining reservation was also lost this past trip! I called to see about adding an extra person to the reservation only to be told my confirmation number brought nothing up. They used my name and still no luck, yet mysteriously enough, there just happened to be a time slot open at the exact time of my reservation. :confused: It worked out fine so I wasn't upset but all I could think of was other families traveling much further than I have to and running into that problem!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom