New Feature Alerts notification in browser

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alerts are now displayed directly in your browser. This means that if you use tabs to display multiple websites at the same time, you can now see whenever you get an alert from the WDWMAGIC forums, without having to refresh the page or switch back to the tab.

You can see in the example screenshot below, this user has 3 outstanding alerts. The counter is made up of the sum of unread Conversations and unread Alerts.

You can also configure how they are displayed. Either as a bubble (as you can see below), or as text. You can choose in Preferences in your account settings under the 'Live Update Display Options' section.

wdwmagic-forum-alerts.jpg

PUSH

Just noticed it! I've actually thought this would be a great feature for a while now. As always, you just keep making this place better! Thanks Steve!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Alerts are now displayed directly in your browser. This means that if you use tabs to display multiple websites at the same time, you can now see whenever you get an alert from the WDWMAGIC forums, without having to refresh the page or switch back to the tab.

You can see in the example screenshot below, this user has 3 outstanding alerts. The counter is made up of the sum of unread Conversations and unread Alerts.

You can also configure how they are displayed. Either as a bubble (as you can see below), or as text. You can choose in Preferences in your account settings under the 'Live Update Display Options' section.

View attachment 78902

Look at me. All I like to do is show off new stuff cuz I'm Mr. Message Board Fancy Pants.

MarkTwain

Hey @wdwmagic, somewhat related, but is there a way to get push notifications for the iPhone app? Being able to just glance at my lock screen without opening the forums would be great.

flynnibus

Premium Member
the greatest forum addition in ages :)

BTW, it works great for bookmark bars too... In chrome I have a WDW bookmark, and it auto-updates to show notifications too

flynnibus

Premium Member
For Chrome users at least... the bookmark bar allows you to see new notification icons without having a tab open to wdwmagic at all. Your bookmarks update to show the icon automatically. Its like a WDWMagic toolbar w/o any add-ons at all :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom