Ale and Compass vs. Beaches and Cream

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hello!

We are going to be staying at BWV in December. Most of the crew is going to MVMCP, but my dad, my 18-month old daughter and I won’t be. We are looking for a walking distance dinner idea. I was considering Cape May Cafe, but it’s pricey and I don’t want to rest of the family to miss DD’s first character meal.

Thoughts on Beaches and Cream vs Ale and Compass? I think the atmosphere of B&C appeals to me more while the menu of A&C sounds better. DD is a pretty good eater, and I don’t really want to feed her tons of French fries and burgers. The Protein Bowl on the menu at A&C sounds like something she would really like.

So, if you’ve been to both did you have a feeling one way or the other?

Thanks!

PeakSeason

Beaches and Cream is a very casual (and small) place. Most of the menu is dedicated to burgers and gigantic ice cream desserts. It has an upbeat atmosphere but the food is nothing special.
We had an amazing lunch experience at Ale & Compass shortly after it opened. We used to eat at The Captain's Grille often and did enjoy it for all three meal periods. The new Ale & Compass (which replaced The Captain's Grille) is miles above. Note that I am basing this assessment on just one meal at A&C compared to several at B&C (as well as many at CG).

JillC LI

Cape May is not a character meal at dinner, if I am correct. It is pricey, yes, but we loved the variety of food there.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
I think we’re leaning to Ale and Compass. My Dad says that sounds better to him. Honestly I’m shocked he looked at the menus! He must be excited for dinner with his little granddaughter. :)

geebee721

We had lunch at Ale and Compass in January and it was really good. I had the fish and chips, hubby had to lobster roll and we got the bread service....all so good!
3E6ABB93-B6E8-40C5-8702-670950EAEF42.jpeg

11D06D78-ED12-48D7-82C6-C8BAB71C293F.jpeg

EE7100BD-7A4D-4763-B93A-858C0EAA7702.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom