Alcohol in the MK

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Was looking at the menus last night and I don't recall alcohol being available, wine AND beer last Fall when I was there at the Skippers Canteen, and certainly don't recall it being at Cinderellas Castle? Ohhh I can get Dom Perignon for $320 !:D When did this happen? Also is this why some restaurants now have a 35-59$ per adult price listed on menus? ;) Had not seen that prior either for a fixed price place. Thanks! Must keep up on such things.... :angelic:

disneygeek90

I would say almost a year ago they allowed all table service restaurants in MK to serve beer and wine. I definitely remember having a beer in January at Tony's, and I think it was fairly recent then. Originally it was only Be Our Guest when they opened, then they expanded.

Not sure about the buffet prices, I literally never do those.

freesvoice

Which restaurants have those prices? As far as I know no menus or buffets include alcohol with the food especially all you can drink.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well that explains it....it was over a year ago I was scanning all the menus for our trip and that is what I recall only Be our Guest had it and it was the first at WDW.....since DL Walt didn't want any inside the MK. Not sure how it is there now.
Oh I saw that pricing at Cinderellas Royal Table and Golden Horseshoe? Maybe its just a price range but I had not seen it as such in the past....I know Crystal Palace had a flat rate.....and Boma.....hmmm. Now I am curious to look at them too. Goodness it seems I am beginning to plan a trip and I wasn't planning to....:D:happy:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well yes Boma and Crystal Palace have same thing....thinking it must be difference between lunch flat rate and dinner flat rate. I just never had seen that before. ;)

Phonedave

I thought that the TS restaruants in MK that did serve alcohol had a limit where they cut you off. Two drinks per person comes to mind, but I may be mistaken.

If that is the case, it is a balance between trying to up their dining game, while at the same time trying to preserve the no alcohol atmosphere.

-dave

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wow can't seem to find menus on the Disney site any longer, only on my MDE app. Think only saw Le Cellier with a online menu otherwise a description of food. That is something they always had before.....and I would print them out to look over them with the family.
Let me know if anyone has seen them updated online. Thanks!

BuddyThomas

I thought that the TS restaruants in MK that did serve alcohol had a limit where they cut you off. Two drinks per person comes to mind, but I may be mistaken.

If that is the case, it is a balance between trying to up their dining game, while at the same time trying to preserve the no alcohol atmosphere.

-dave
This is a totally 100% false rumor that floated around here a few years ago and was debunked. They do not cut you off. I mean, what happens if you order a bottle of wine? They watch you like a hawk and then come rip the bottle out of your hand after two glasses have been consumed?

That was fake news years ago and remains fake now.

Phonedave

This is a totally 100% false rumor that floated around here a few years ago and was debunked. They do not cut you off. I mean, what happens if you order a bottle of wine? They watch you like a hawk and then come rip the bottle out of your hand after two glasses have been consumed?

That was fake news years ago and remains fake now.

It's not that hard to imagine. Two drinks per person, or one bottle per pair of people. Actually, if you serve alcohol, you are supposed to watch and cut off people if necessary, at least in NJ - I assume FL has similar laws for bartenders.

Clearly I said I may be mistaken, and seeing as the only place i have eaten at in MK since they started service alcohol was BoG, and I htink I had one beer there each time, I clearly did not put the rumor to the test.

Blairnicol

Only Skippers Canteen, BOG, and CRT (at dinner) serve it. And it's only beer and wine and you have to be having a meal (meaning you can't come in and only order booze).

BuddyThomas

There's a big difference between "fake news" (i.e., something being reported on an actual legitimate news website that turns out to be falsified) and hearsay/rumors or misunderstandings.
Yeah, but there was someone on here a few years ago swearing that you were limited to two glasses of wine at dinner. I was like, "that sounds whack!" And sure enough, when I went down, I found out first hand that it is absolutely 100% not true at all. I guess instead of fake news, I should have just called it a lie. Not you, Phonedave- the person who was blabbering that nonsense a couple of years back.

21stamps

Yeah, but there was someone on here a few years ago swearing that you were limited to two glasses of wine at dinner. I was like, "that sounds whack!" And sure enough, when I went down, I found out first hand that it is absolutely 100% not true at all. I guess instead of fake news, I should have just called it a lie. Not you, Phonedave- the person who was blabbering that nonsense a couple of years back.

I just want to know if you really said "that sounds whack".

crxbrett

I think the restaurants began serving alcohol in Dec '15.

I just went to Skipper Canteen for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago and had 3 bottles of beer with my steak. There is no cut-off. Bars and restaurants only institute a cut-off or cap if the guest or patron is exhibiting bad behaviour or is behaving drunk or becoming a nuissance.

As a SoCal native, I really wish DL would start serving alcohol at their sit-down establishments like DW finally did. It would be amazing to sit in the bayou while pirate ships sailed by and enjoy a real mint julip or mojito some day. Of course Club 33 serves drinks...but the view up there was not all that great to me. Plus, it is really hard to visit now days and not convenient or open to just anyone.

AndrewsJ

There's a big difference between "fake news" (i.e., something being reported on an actual legitimate news website that turns out to be falsified) and hearsay/rumors or misunderstandings.
Not really, especially when people quote it as fact. This is a legitimate Disney site and for many, if they read it here, they believe it to be true.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There is no limit on drinks but they are only served at TS restaurants (no carts) with a meal (there's no bar you can just sit at and drink) and only beer and wine. There's no hard liquor or shots or any of that crazy stuff either. While there is no limit the prices will probably limit most people from having too many;)

If you really want to get drunk there are bars at each hotel just a monorail ride away or there's EPCOT:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom