Alaska-What are your favorite port excursions?

love disney

Original Poster
Just booked 7-night Alaska cruise June 2021...obviously a long ways off, but interested in hearing what your favorite port excursions are/were for those of you who have done a Disney Alaska cruise. Also feel free to add any onboard activities that we should make sure not to miss. So far all of my Disney cruises have been 4-night Bahama cruises so this will be a totally new experience for us!

ChuckElias

I personally love walking and biking tours. In Skagway, we did a bike ride out to a glacial plain that was wonderful. (I had pictures posted, but freaking Photobucket screwed me.) I really enjoyed that a lot. If you don't want to be that active, there was also a small bus tour in Skagway, hosted by a 19th-century woman (in character, obviously). That was also kind of fun.

Our wildlife preserve tour in Ketchikan was very wet, as it rained on us the whole time. We did see some interesting animals in captivity at the end of the tour, but we didn't see much during the tour, except a bald eagle did swoop down over us.

In Juneau, we did a whale watch. It was, unfortunately, very disappointing. But it's always very random on a whale watch. Sometimes the whales swim up to your boat (like our first Alaska cruise in 1988) and sometimes you don't see a single whale. Ya pays yer money, and ya takes yer chances.

Maelstrom Troll

We really enjoyed exploring Vancouver on foot as well as our guided tour that included the Capilano Bridge. Also we liked whale watching in Juneau, our bus expedition to Carcross, the Red Onion Saloon, the Mendenhall glacier, & exploring Ketchikan on foot. Our Eagle expedition in Ketchikan was good but made us all pretty queasy!

KCheatle

Which June 2021 sailing? Hopefully things will have settled down by then and there won't be anymore virus-related cancellations!
June 14! And I know!! I really want to believe all of this will be settled down by then, but it just seems like every day it gets more and more spread out time-wise!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One that stands out for us is the Mendenhall Glacier& Glacier Gardens excursion in Juneau. Both stops were awesome.

in Ketchican, we did a trolley tour that includes the totem pole park and we enjoyed that too, as well as just walking around Ketchikan, don't miss the salmon ladder.

John park hopper

Wife did the whale watch out of Icy Straights and loved it, if you fish I did a halibut and salmon fishing trip out of Sitka loved it caught fish and had them sent home (did it for my birthday June 14). We did a 14 day cruise on Holland America and loved every minute of it. If you can swing it I would recommend the 14 day over the 7 day there is just so much to see. Would love to go back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom