Alamo at the Dolphin

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
I'm driving down to Disney World and staying at Pop Century. My wife is flying. I've got a 2 seater, so I rented a bigger car so we can all go to Sea World, Gatorland etc.

Since the Dolphin seems relatively close to Pop Century, I reserved a car planning to drive there and leave my car for two days. I just called to make sure I could do that and they said I couldn't.

She suggested that I take a bus to the transportation center and then get a connection to the swan. That would work, but seems like I'd be going pretty far out of my way.

Here are my questions:

1. MGM seems a lot closer to both Pop Century and the Dolphin than the transportation center - If I go around 8:00 am, would busses be running frequently enough for me to got from Pop Century to MGM to the Dolphin easily?

2. Does anyone know where the Alamo office is in relation to the Dolphin? Is a bus to the Dolphin going to put me right there, or will I still have a long walk?

3. Would it be easier to just bring my wife with me and let her (shudder) drive my car back?

4. Any other ideas?

Gail Hayden

garyhoov said:
I'm driving down to Disney World and staying at Pop Century. My wife is flying. I've got a 2 seater, so I rented a bigger car so we can all go to Sea World, Gatorland etc.

Since the Dolphin seems relatively close to Pop Century, I reserved a car planning to drive there and leave my car for two days. I just called to make sure I could do that and they said I couldn't.

She suggested that I take a bus to the transportation center and then get a connection to the swan. That would work, but seems like I'd be going pretty far out of my way.

Here are my questions:

1. MGM seems a lot closer to both Pop Century and the Dolphin than the transportation center - If I go around 8:00 am, would busses be running frequently enough for me to got from Pop Century to MGM to the Dolphin easily?

2. Does anyone know where the Alamo office is in relation to the Dolphin? Is a bus to the Dolphin going to put me right there, or will I still have a long walk?

3. Would it be easier to just bring my wife with me and let her (shudder) drive my car back?

4. Any other ideas?
Why not just take a shuttle bus to the Dolphin? They do have them (they probably failed to tell you that). They also have them to the Car Care Center and the rates me be a touch lower at that location.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
other idea!

Dollar at the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn... rates are MUCH better with them

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Gail Hayden said:
Why not just take a shuttle bus to the Dolphin? They do have them (they probably failed to tell you that). They also have them to the Car Care Center and the rates me be a touch lower at that location.
Hmmmm, I did ask, but she said they didn't. Is it possible they only have shuttles to the car care center? I may have to look into it more. Maybe it would be worth switching locations.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
mkt said:
other idea!

Dollar at the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn... rates are MUCH better with them
That's good to know for the future. The Alamo rates were so low (about $60) for two days) that I just booked it.

Gail Hayden

garyhoov said:
Hmmmm, I did ask, but she said they didn't. Is it possible they only have shuttles to the car care center? I may have to look into it more. Maybe it would be worth switching locations.
Not to sound bad, honest, you were probably talking to someone in India. Most of the 800 reps (regardless of their locale, but especially India) have NO clue what the stations have to offer. I have seen the shuttles from the Dolphin and the Car Care Center.
Here is the number for the Dolphin -
(407)934-4930 Car Care Center - (407)824-3470

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Gail Hayden said:
Not to sound bad, honest, you were probably talking to someone in India. Most of the 800 reps (regardless of their locale, but especially India) have NO clue what the stations have to offer. I have seen the shuttles from the Dolphin and the Car Care Center.
Here is the number for the Dolphin -
(407)934-4930 Car Care Center - (407)824-3470
Thanks! I'll call again tomorrow. Pop Century is close enough to the Dolphin that a shuttle should be able to get there and back pretty quickly if it's available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom