"Aladdin" live action movie remake

Tick Tock

When I first saw the clip, I kept thinking, why did Jasmine make that gesture and smile indicating what a plus it is that Prince Ali is filthy rich. Doesn't that take away from her principles that made her such a great character originally?

Then after a re-watch, I realized that was Jasmine's friend, not Jasmine herself.

Tony Perkis

When I first saw the clip, I kept thinking, why did Jasmine make that gesture and smile indicating what a plus it is that Prince Ali is filthy rich. Doesn't that take away from her principles that made her such a great character originally?

Then after a re-watch, I realized that was Jasmine's friend, not Jasmine herself.
The friend is going to be the best part of the movie. Calling that shot now.

PiXie Mom

They had better not ruin Jazmine and make her money hungry. That is why she is such a good character due to her love of what's on the inside and not wealth. Her friend can be that way as a silly sidekick, but I consider jazmine one of the heroes. I hope this remake keeps her a beautiful person on the inside and out like in the animated version.

Disneyhead'71

fa09605e82bb7aa6e625eb5b08e61987c71ccaa437e1ada985b28982445f8a07_1.jpg

Princess Leia

The Prince Ali clip. The live version has no excitement or energy at all.
I watched it this morning too. Did not smile once. No joy. Also, did the tempo seem slower to anyone else?

I guess this is part of my issue- in the original, the Genie pops up literally everywhere during this song, changing his appearance and making all sorts of jokes. They literally could have done something similar (popping up in random corners of the street, turning into a goat, changing his appearance)... but they didn't. The technology is there to do that, but it's just Will Smith walking down the street, occasionally yelling for back up. The colors are popping but the fabric of the film seems so bland.

Princess Leia

Thanks to the YouTube comments (something I never say), I learned that if you change the playback speed to 1.25, it actually gets the tempo to where it should be. Not that it will be like that for the movie, but it goes to show that they did slow the tempo down. They did the same for ‘Your Fault’ in Into the Woods, and that song is far faster than this one.

trainplane3

The soundtrack was uploaded to the official Disney music Youtube channel today:

It lacks all excitement. The backing instrumental is on point but Wills vocals are...just boring and not fun.
And before someone says "he's just making it his own", you can make it your own and have inflection at the same time:

(19:35)

BuddyThomas

A few reviews. Variety likes it, Hollywood Reporter is “meh” and The NY Times gives it a brutal write-up, saying “This is not what you wished for.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom