"Aladdin" live action movie remake

Princess Leia

I’ve really tried to be an optimist about this, but it’s getting difficult. Something just feels off about it.

Also, Jafar may look pretty but after growing up hearing his animated voice, this really threw me off.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disney casting must fall on their collective swords. Yes, he's marketable, but no... go away. I was hoping that they'd have someone like Monroe Inglehart or Major Attaway who killed that role on Broadway.

Tick Tock

To not be seen by others?
But wasn't he over the guards and prison? Couldn't he say he's taking the prisoner out to have him beheaded, or interrogated, etc. He's one step below the Sultan and can do whatever he wants.

I'm probably making this far more complicated and in-depth than it should be, but, details, my friend. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

maxresdefault.jpg

champdisney

I don’t know, I’m kind of shocked that people aren’t feeling Smith’s Genie. It’s literally the animated interpretation of the character translated into live action. Maybe it’s the CGI body that’s throwing so many off.

Californian Elitist

They shouldn’t have made him blue. The blue works for animation, but it’s weird for live-action.

Smith’s Genie looks better without the blue color. Love his personality, but holy hell, that CGI looks ghastly.

Tony Perkis

They shouldn’t have made him blue. The blue works for animation, but it’s weird for live-action.

Smith’s Genie looks better without the blue color. Love his personality, but holy hell, that CGI looks ghastly.
My biggest issue is that it looks like he’s still wearing a bald cap or the artists couldn’t seemlessly animate around his face. It reminds me too much of the terrible Cat in the Hat makeup that Mike Myers wore.

mf1972

i thought it looked a little weird at first. i’ll have to wait & see. i’m not going to knock will smith, but i felt even if they casted someone else, people will complain about him or her too. those are big shoes to fill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom