• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Al Lutz Returns - Update: Page 18 Drama

smile

This reads like the monologue a villain tells James Bond when he has him tied up. What a sad and evil view to hold of the world. One that can only ever bring a cold death.
perhaps

it is an edited monologue from an ancient motion picture...
so, a bit of fun and some glorious satire; certainly of a higher quality than a bond villain, tho

but, i have always wondered if you were actually as young as you claim... no longer 😉

all in fun
:joyfull:

TROR

Advertisement
perhaps

so, a bit of fun and some glorious satire; certainly of a higher quality than a bond villain, tho

but, i have always wondered if you were actually as young as you claim... no longer 😉

all in fun
What's the movie, out of curiosity?

mickEblu

perhaps

all in fun
I’m 36 and also have no clue who you are quoting but I did read the whole thing in Judge Dooms voice.

smile

What's the movie, out of curiosity?
I’m 36 and also have no clue who you are quoting but I did read the whole thing in Judge Dooms voice.

godspeed

D.Silentu

Interesting about the 3rd ride. It seems, based on that layout, that it is something that could still be built if the will is strong enough.
On paper I think the bantha ride sounds interesting, but to me it seems like it would be more fun to watch than to actually ride. I recall a rumor from the nineties that a speeder-bike attraction, like those from 'Return of the Jedi', would someday come to the Peoplemover track. If the bantha ride route is still viable, I think this would be a great candidate for the area. It could be a nice family motocoaster, perhaps with reflective surfaces angled to the sky hiding the supports, to aid the illusion of hovering.

Last edited:

TROR

godspeed
Oh, I have seen that! We watched it in a film history class I took back when I was going to my local community college.

D.Silentu

I don't mean to dispute that, it just seems to me that a ride with a touch of speed would do well for the land, not to mention being inspired by a thrilling sequence from one of the movies.

mickEblu

Mark Twain is delightful on and off!
Lol can’t disagree but you get my point. There’s nothing wrong with these kinds of attractions and they serve a great purpose. I’d argue a greater purpose for the people on shore than actually riding the boats or on the vehicles.

mickEblu

I don't mean to dispute that, it just seems to me that a ride with a touch of speed would do well for the land, not to mention being inspired by a thrilling sequence from one of the movies.
Oh for sure! Me n @TROR doublehandedly have Disney ready to spend $250 million for a new thrill ride because of all our complaints.

TROR

Oh for sure! Me n @TROR doublehandedly have Disney ready to spend $250 million for a new thrill ride because of all our complaints.
If they actually build an X-Wing coaster (ideally having a launch and a practical set of a Star Destroyer in the center of the battle), I honestly could look past all the other flaws of Galaxy's Edge.

X-Wing Coaster Mountain it is, then!
Lightspeed Mountain.

choco choco

About this quote:

Marvel Land’s big Avengers E Ticket, planned for the parking lot behind Guardians of the Galaxy, has been on again and off again since 2015. The rotten relationship that TDA developed with the City of Anaheim under past president Michael Colglazier effectively stopped any ability to move forward on the E Ticket, although the low capacity and overall complexity of the thrill ride was also something that left too many TDA suits underwhelmed with WDI’s proposals. WDI has gone back to the drawing board repeatedly on the Avengers E Ticket, but they seem unable to break out of the mold of low capacity and over-complicated rides for their biggest E Ticket concepts, of which Rise of the Resistance is only the latest example.
...really speaks to WDI mindset these days. Focus too much on plot, dialogue, "audience engagement," brand characters, unrealistic character action and flinging the audience about; and not enough on setting, mood, tone, aesthetics, layered staging and simple delight.

Dear WDI, let's try this approach (called the Sinbad Storybook approach, after the best ride Disney has made this millenium). (1) Make lots of pretty scenes, lots and lots of little pretty, clever little scenes. Like a hundred of them. (2) And then combine some of them together to form grand, glorious tableaus and leave others to be on their own. (3) And then as shove as many of these scenes into as short a trail path as possible. (4) Run a boat ride through it.

Done.

The artistry is in the individual little scenes and the way you put them together so that they get prettier and prettier and cleverer and cleverer as you go along. That's really it. It's not some stupid "I'm in danger" plot and something that takes an animatronic four minutes of non-stop blabbering to explain and I still don't understand it because I didn't watch the movie.

Magenta Panther

Disagree. The majority don’t have any attachment to the vague worlds represented in the movies.

Disney is better off in the long run doing what they did in terms of land design and place.
But a lot of people had an attachment to the CHARACTERS represented in the movies. Unfortunately, most of the good ones are now dead. And so the new Star Wars lands are dead. At least to me.

TROR

But a lot of people had an attachment to the CHARACTERS represented in the movies. Unfortunately, most of the good ones are now dead. And so the new Star Wars lands are dead. At least to me.
Not a fan of the original Star Tours, I take it?

Top Bottom