• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Al Lutz Returns - Update: Page 18 Drama

socalifornian

We've already seen how terribly Shanghai locals have treated their Disneyland, what would possess Disney to think India would respect the park? The country has an epidemic of people pooing in the streets. It's a second world country at best and a third world at worst. Yes, there's over a billion people, but it's not exactly a rich enough nation for those billion people to buy tickets to Disneyland.

If Disney's going to build another theme park anywhere, it should be in Eastern Europe, Australia, North America, or Hong Kong. Mexico, with all its cartels, would be a better choice than India.
It’ll go with their Indian Disney Channel branch, also based in Mumbai 😄
8645B415-2D0E-4DEF-893E-E3ECD4EE8EE3.png

Travel Junkie

We've already seen how terribly Shanghai locals have treated their Disneyland, what would possess Disney to think India would respect the park?
Don't take 1 or 2 very exaggerated articles as gospel to demonize and entire group. Of all the resorts around the world, American's treat their parks worse than you will find anywhere else with Paris coming in right after.

Yes, there's over a billion people, but it's not exactly a rich enough nation for those billion people to buy tickets to Disneyland.
India has the 6th richest economy in the world by GDP and is the fastest growing of the developed nations. India is the logical next place to put a new resort.

If Disney's going to build another theme park anywhere, it should be in Eastern Europe, Australia, North America, or Hong Kong. Mexico, with all its cartels, would be a better choice than India.
Even for you this shows a complete lack of knowledge and a ton of ignorance. Disney knows exactly what it's doing in this regard.

Travel Junkie

You got me. Indians are loaded with cash.
View attachment 398033

A simple Google search shows the absolute poverty this country lives in. These are the streets of Mumbai. It's a dump.
View attachment 398037

I could show plenty of pictures of the U.S. as well, the richest country on earth.

Your response explains your world view and why you are so ignorant. You make up your mind by a simple Google search as you say.

TROR

I could show plenty of pictures of the U.S. as well, the richest country on earth.

View attachment 398041

Your response explains your world view and why you are so ignorant. You make up your mind by a simple Google search as you say.
The beautiful streets of the United States. 398045

How about instead of showing me how much better the United States is, you show me how nice Mumbai is? Prove me wrong instead of this "what about"ism.

SteamboatJoe

Mumbai Disneyland: combining the oppressive heat of Orlando (even worse!) with the monsoons of Hong Kong and the congestion of Los Angeles. Sounds like a magical place for a theme park.

But, seriously, I guess if that is what you are used to growing up in, you don't notice as much. I'm sure many of you southern Californians would shudder at what us Midwesterners consider a nice, cool fall day.

Phrubruh

Mumbai Disneyland: combining the oppressive heat of Orlando (even worse!) with the monsoons of Hong Kong and the congestion of Los Angeles. Sounds like a magical place for a theme park.

But, seriously, I guess if that is what you are used to growing up in, you don't notice as much. I'm sure many of you southern Californians would shudder at what us Midwesterners consider a nice, cool fall day.
We would die in the midwest.

TROR

I just think Disney needs to stop building in developing or communist nations...focus on nations where the humans who inhabit it actually have rights and life value.
But think about all the money Disney could make selling a theme park to the generals and murderers of a country like North Korea! That's what really matters.
"'Tisn't morals, 'tis money that saves"

Top Bottom