AKV started selling today.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Disney Vacation Club started selling points at it's newest DVC resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, today, Feb. 1, 2007. These pre-sales are to current DVC members only. Current members need to call their DVC guide for details.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas will open on Sept. 1, 2007. DVC members who buy points at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas will be able to start making reservations beginning May 16, 2007 for arrivals on Sept. 1, 2007 and beyond. All other DVC members will be able to start making reservations on June 4, 2007 for arrivals on Sept. 1, 2007 and beyond.

Magic Maker

Please also remember that this removes Animal Kingdom Lodge from The Disney Collection and adds Animal Kingdom Villas to The Disney Vacation Club collections, once AK Villas is available to stay in.

(This is similar to Wilderness Lodge not available in The Disney Collection, but the Wilderness Lodge Villas being in the Disney Vacation Club Collection).

Also to buy AK Villas at this time you MUST have been a member as of January 31, 2007.

slappy magoo

That spashing sound was my wife and I taking the plunge. Just put a down payment on 100 points.

What I wouldn't give to be a DVC sales rep today. Their commissions must be outrageous. Despite the price, DVC members (who've already downed the Kool-Aid) are just buying. They know the deal, they're not asking many questions, they just want it.

I'm never going to really want an expensive car or ridiculously tailored suit. DVC will probably be the only major extravagance I'd want.

Snapper Bean

I'm pretty sure, we're going to add as well. AKV just seems like a great place to have points and given the huge amount of points sold to Saratoga Springs buyers, I think its going to be more and more important to have that 4 month booking advantage to get into a particular place.

Wow

This is a killer...we got our notice in the mail last week. My wife and I are seriously thinking about it...her more than me (she loves AKL). We visited it in January while staying at WL. We are new members who bought into SSR at the end of last year and have not used any points yet. We just started with 225 points, but after looking at all of the things we want to do over the next couple of years, another 100 points would be nice. I have a question for anyone though. If we buy 100 points at AKL, and that's all we own at AKL...when we want to book 11 months in advance, can we only book on the 100 points, or do we need to wait until the 7 month window to use the whole 325 points (225 points at SSR and 100 at AKL)? Does anyone understand what I just said...I need coffee!:veryconfu

compell

This is a killer...we got our notice in the mail last week. My wife and I are seriously thinking about it...her more than me (she loves AKL). We visited it in January while staying at WL. We are new members who bought into SSR at the end of last year and have not used any points yet. We just started with 225 points, but after looking at all of the things we want to do over the next couple of years, another 100 points would be nice. I have a question for anyone though. If we buy 100 points at AKL, and that's all we own at AKL...when we want to book 11 months in advance, can we only book on the 100 points, or do we need to wait until the 7 month window to use the whole 325 points (225 points at SSR and 100 at AKL)? Does anyone understand what I just said...I need coffee!:veryconfu

If you plan to use any of the SSR points for a stay at AKL you would have to wait until the 7 month window. To book a longer stay at AKL in the 11 month time frame you would need to either borrow points from next year, or bank the points in the current year to use for a longer stay later.

If you plan to use any of the SSR points for a stay at AKL you would have to wait until the 7 month window. To book a longer stay at AKL in the 11 month time frame you would need to either borrow points from next year, or bank the points in the current year to use for a longer stay later.

That's what I though but I wasn't sure...thanks.:)

socalkdg

If we buy 100 points at AKL, and that's all we own at AKL...when we want to book 11 months in advance, can we only book on the 100 points, or do we need to wait until the 7 month window to use the whole 325 points (225 points at SSR and 100 at AKL)? Does anyone understand what I just said...I need coffee!:veryconfu
If you use banking and borrowing you can go every third year to AKL using 300 points while using the 225 at SSR for the other two years(or 675/2 = 337 for those two years since one year you will be at AKL and not need SSR).

disneynut_la

I bought my points Feb 3. Talked to my Rep on the 2nd and overnited the check for 500 points paid in full in my Insurance Agencies name. This is going to be a great incentive for my agents and a nice give away to clients. I can't wait for the first trip in AKV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom