AKL room requests

BrianV

Original Poster
Hi, we are staying in a standard (non animal view) room at AKL in less than a month. Anything we should consider requesting? (E.g. higher floors are quieter, etc.) I know requests are not always honored, but having never even visited the resort, I didn't know if it was worth trying.
Thanks

lostpro9het

Hi, we are staying in a standard (non animal view) room at AKL in less than a month. Anything we should consider requesting? (E.g. higher floors are quieter, etc.) I know requests are not always honored, but having never even visited the resort, I didn't know if it was worth trying.
Thanks
Kidani or Jambo?

Gomer

I usually check off the "close to lobby" option. The hallways at AKL are quite long and can be a trek when you get back from the parks or if, like me, you like to make multiple runs down to The Mara per day to take full advantage of those refillable mugs.

The Jambo lobby can get quite loud at peak check-in or dining hours. But I've never had a problem with that sound bleeding into the rooms. Although I have never stayed in the rooms directly above the lobby, I'd assume it could be more of a problem there.

BrianV

Original Poster
I usually check off the "close to lobby" option. The hallways at AKL are quite long and can be a trek when you get back from the parks or if, like me, you like to make multiple runs down to The Mara per day to take full advantage of those refillable mugs.

The Jambo lobby can get quite loud at peak check-in or dining hours. But I've never had a problem with that sound bleeding into the rooms. Although I have never stayed in the rooms directly above the lobby, I'd assume it could be more of a problem there.

Thanks. Good advice it sounds like. We stayed at the boardwalk with the never ending corridors too! ;)

I was also curious about notice from busses or is that far enough away to not pose a problem?

dreamfinder

Most people would pick a particular "trail" to request. Your floor choices are pretty slim, the upper floors at Jambo are DVC/club rooms, so not much to work with there. The Unofficial Guide has a great tool on their website that actually breaks down how each room is classified, and might help you to see what your views might be.

Jambo. Knowing very little when I booked seemed my first visit should be to the main lodge. But looking forward to exploring everywhere.

Kidani is DVC units only, so if you are staying in a normal room it would have to be Jambo.

I was also curious about notice from busses or is that far enough away to not pose a problem?

Very few rooms are near the bus stops, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'd suspect that more rooms in that area are affected by the pool noise than the bus noise.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Request a Savannah view room.

There are a number of rooms that have a view of the Savannah, but are not classified as such because the view is less than ideal. Given the option of pool, parking lot of so so view of the Savannah, the so so view will win every time.

BrianV

Original Poster
Request a Savannah view room.

There are a number of rooms that have a view of the Savannah, but are not classified as such because the view is less than ideal. Given the option of pool, parking lot of so so view of the Savannah, the so so view will win every time.

How can you request a Savannah room view as a regular room reservation? What might I say?

fvrs7189

How can you request a Savannah room view as a regular room reservation? What might I say?
I stayed at AKL in a standard room 2 years ago. With online check in one of my options was a Sunset Savanna View. I checked that box and also closest to the lobby box and was given my choice. I faced the sunset savanna on the Kudu Trail side and loved it. Think I was in the room 3226 area on the map. Both were standard options on the standard rooms

dreamfinder

As I said earlier, the UG has a great tool with a map showing all the different rooms that are classified as standard, but yet still have savannah views. Most of the "trails" would fall into this classification as only a handful actually have parking lot views.

BrianV

Original Poster
So as you guys told me, there was an option for Kudu Trail View. I decided not to complicated it and just selected that…better to see animals than be on a high floor, close to elevator, etc.. I only paid for a standard view and I wont be sad if thats all I get, but worth a shot.

21stamps

So as you guys told me, there was an option for Kudu Trail View. I decided not to complicated it and just selected that…better to see animals than be on a high floor, close to elevator, etc.. I only paid for a standard view and I wont be sad if thats all I get, but worth a shot.
Brian, Have a wonderful trip!! Please report back and post lots of photos! This will be my first time on AKL property. We will be there 2 nights (1.5 really since arriving after midnight) and spending the entire day at the resort. I'm very excited after learning about all of the resort activities, which seems to be a lot more than any of the other resorts! I also read that there is a "community hall" where they have billiards tables etc.

I'd love to read someone's personal experience, are you planning on a resort day?

BrianV

Original Poster
Brian, Have a wonderful trip!! Please report back and post lots of photos! This will be my first time on AKL property. We will be there 2 nights (1.5 really since arriving after midnight) and spending the entire day at the resort. I'm very excited after learning about all of the resort activities, which seems to be a lot more than any of the other resorts! I also read that there is a "community hall" where they have billiards tables etc.

Thank you. Our first time too. Very excited. We'll be there the 23-26 of August. We always book the cheapest rooms in the deluxe hotels and have not been disappointed yet with them. Firework view at the WL in 2010, nice garden view at the poly in 2011, a lovely courtyard view at BW in 2013, and a viewless but really convenient location at the Swan (or was it the dolphin!) in 2015.

21stamps

Thank you. Our first time too. Very excited. We'll be there the 23-26 of August. We always book the cheapest rooms in the deluxe hotels and have not been disappointed yet with them. Firework view at the WL in 2010, nice garden view at the poly in 2011, a lovely courtyard view at BW in 2013, and a viewless but really convenient location at the Swan (or was it the dolphin!) in 2015.
Wow that's great!!
I always book the view..but have never seen the value in a club level room. The only reason I am staying club level for those 2 nights is bc I want to try some of the food from the restaurants, and we won't be eating a big meal, just the quick service option there.

Mickey5150

One thing to be aware of at Jambo House is that the first floor standard rooms that look out on the walkway have a small roof above them so it is very dark. You don't see people walking past your balcony but you basically don't see anything.

DABIGCHEEZ

I'd love to read someone's personal experience, are you planning on a resort day?

Being DVC, we've stayed a few times as it is one of our favorites...Kidani that is.(Not that there is anything wrong with Jambo) The Community Hall, like that of other DELUXE and DVC resorts, is a room for mostly kid activities...Coloring Pages, various arts & crafts, XBOX/PLAYSTATION games, DVD rentals, board games and yes they did have one pool table last time we werethere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom