AKL refurb -- rooms?

MagicKatMe

Original Poster
I am hearing two different things about work going on at AKL. Some say just the pool is being refurbished. Others say it's the pool AND rooms.

These are trusted blogs and sites giving conflicting info. The official Disney site says pool, but makes no mention of rooms.

Anyone know for sure?

dreamfinder

They were doing room refurbs at Jambo a few years ago. So I doubt they are doing them again right now. I can't find mention of room refurbs anywhere.

nickys

Premium Member
It could just be the DVC rooms that are getting refurbed. I had heard there was some room refurbishment, but it’s hard to find official confirmation.

For example, OKW rooms are definitely getting refurbished block by block. The6 are in the middle of it now and not almost finished. Yet there is nothing on the DVC website under the resort that tells you this. They would only put something up if there was a full gutting and re-designing going on. A soft furnishing refurb wouldn’t necessarily be mentioned.

PrincessNelly_NJ

It could just be the DVC rooms that are getting refurbed. I had heard there was some room refurbishment, but it’s hard to find official confirmation.

For example, OKW rooms are definitely getting refurbished block by block. The6 are in the middle of it now and not almost finished. Yet there is nothing on the DVC website under the resort that tells you this. They would only put something up if there was a full gutting and re-designing going on. A soft furnishing refurb wouldn’t necessarily be mentioned.
They refurbed those while we were there in 2016. We got to stay in the newly refurb DVC rooms at that time.

nickys

Premium Member
I’ve had a look around some sites. Some, like Undercover Tourist are TA sites, so are likely to have info that impact bookimgs.

Too many are reporting room refurbs for this to be a mistake, IMO. Having read @PrincessNelly_NJ ’s reply, I suspect it’s the non DVC rooms getting a soft goods refurb - bedding, curtains etc. Nothing major, nothing involving (too much) drilling etc. And it’s probably being done floor by floor, and probably not a whole floor at once, just in blocks of rooms.

dreamfinder

If they are doing refurbs, they just take the floor of a given wing out of service. Throw up a temporary wall at the end of the hallway. You don't even notice they are doing anything unless you see them carrying tools/supplies, and the work should be done just during the day.

DISR

Just booked AKL for August 2019. I am still seeing these posts on various sites. I wonder if anyone has been there recently and noticed any work. If the room refurbs are actually happening, a few folks should have stayed in completed rooms by now. Doesn't make or break the trip, but I am curious what has been changed or updated.

MagicalThinking

surfsupdon

Looks nice BUT I wish more resorts would refurb with the Murphy bed pull down under the tv, or daybed! Put a single table and chair elsewhere.

I’ve always been a fan of the laminate floor, carpet is so bleh to me.

Looks sharp.

DISR

Looks like they've adopted some of the functional elements of the Yacht and Beach Club room updates, and I'm a big fan of those. Can you confirm that these rooms are in AKL and not DVC Jambo house? Any idea what floor/wing has the updates completed? Thanks!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Looks like they've adopted some of the functional elements of the Yacht and Beach Club room updates, and I'm a big fan of those. Can you confirm that these rooms are in AKL and not DVC Jambo house? Any idea what floor/wing has the updates completed? Thanks!
these are definitely standard AKL rooms not DVC.

MagicalThinking

In the comments she stated that it is a standard double queen room with a partial savannah view. She never answered (publicly) which wing or floor this was in. Sorry, I wish I had more info...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom