AKL Night vision goggles

hitogoroshi

I'm sending my parents to the AKL in a few weeks and I was wondering, if they have the night vision goggles in all the rooms, or if they can get them at check in??? They love animals, so I got them a savannah view room, I'd like them to sit outside on thier balcony and look at the animals all night!!

Since their english is not the best, I'd like to find out in advance, how the night vision thing works, so I can let them know!! Thanks for the help!!! :sohappy:

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
That's too bad... I talked to someone in the parks once and he told me, that he was siting on his balcony all night and watched the animals with these goggles...

Is the Arusha Rock savanah overlook area open late?? Can you go there all night??

Upvote 0

barnum42

I strolled over to the savannah late at night after dining at Boma and used the goggles there.

The person who said they spent all night on their balcony with night vision goggles I would guess either made a request for them or is plain lying.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

or they brought their own.

All of the savanahs are open 24 hrs. I'm not sure if the animals go in at night at all , but in the afternoon they bring some into the barns to feed and do some tests.

Upvote 0

pat in the hat

Wow! I wish that I knew about the night goggles when I stayed there the year it opened . . . have they always had them? That's why I love these boards . . . I learn something new everyday! :wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is a good possibility that they had their own. While night vision equipment is not cheep you can get good to fair quality equipment for under $300.

Upvote 0

Iakona

I don't want to discourage you from asking because you never know, but I seem to remember the CM telling me that these were very expensive night vision goggles, almost military level and cost in the thousands of dollars.
I would be suprised if they sent them to the room. If they do agree be sure to let us know.

hitogoroshi said:
Thanks!! Guess I'll email guest services and ask them for it. Maybe they can supply their room with some, so I can surprise them!!

Upvote 0

Sloan

not bad, but did not seem like "cutting edge"

On my most recent trip to AKL, we got to use the night vision monoculars offered by the CM's at the Arusha Rock savanah overlook area. These are not "goggles", just a suprisingly small single tube scope. There was an attached infra-red illuminator (pretty standard stuff) and the resolution was fair to good - I don't think this was 3d generation equipment, and am not even sure it was 2nd. For this recreational purpose it was great, but I don't think it was a "thousands of dollars" piece of equpment - still fun, though! I'll certainly seek them out again on our next visit. (November)

Upvote 0

it398

There are flood lights on top on the lodge which give the effect of a full moon. i found this light more than ample to see the animals at night i was there 3 weeks ago.

Upvote 0

TheOneVader

Sloan said:
On my most recent trip to AKL, we got to use the night vision monoculars offered by the CM's at the Arusha Rock savanah overlook area. These are not "goggles", just a suprisingly small single tube scope. There was an attached infra-red illuminator (pretty standard stuff) and the resolution was fair to good - I don't think this was 3d generation equipment, and am not even sure it was 2nd. For this recreational purpose it was great, but I don't think it was a "thousands of dollars" piece of equpment - still fun, though! I'll certainly seek them out again on our next visit. (November)

Last time we stayed there and used them, the CM said they costs hudreds of dollars. Probably not thousands, but enough to where they definately won't send them to your room.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom