AKL: heated pools?

Rlandrigan

We're looking at switching from Coronado to AKL for our stay in December, and wondering how cool the pools get that time of year - is the pool heated, or get enough sun to keep it warm for late afternoon swims?

The Mom

Premium Member
It is heated. Whether it is warm enough, once you get out, is a personal preference. I've been when there is steam coming from the water, children happily splashing around (and even going down the slide) while the lifeguards are bundled up. As a Floridian, I have a different opinion as to swimming weather than my northern friends and relatives.

The temperature can get up into the low 80s in December, and if you're in the sun it can certainly be as comfortable as a day at the beach in Maine in August. ;)

If it's a cooler day, just have a sweatshirt or warm-up gear close by, and wrap up as soon as you get out.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Yup, the pool is heated. I've swam and have seen many people swim when it's rather cold outside. The pool at both Jambo House and Kidani Village is great. I highly recommend it. Especially if you have kids.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Yes all the pools are heated YEAR round. They are heated to something like 80 degrees..which in the summer time makes a dip in the afternoon not so refreshing as it could be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom