Akershus questions

ELeigh

Hi, I've tried googling and searching on this forum but can't find clear answers to my questions. Is Akershus lunch all you can eat? Could I order multiple entrees or get a refill on food? Also how will my 1 year old eat? I don't want to pay $36 for him. I know he could eat from my plate, but then I'd have to order something he would like, and then I'd have less to eat... unless I'm allowed to order more. So how does this all work? Also, do you think the experience is worth it for $60 per adult?
I brought my daughter right after her 1st birthday (2015) and she was free and was able to order a meal off the kids menu for free due to the "buffet" nature of the meal. Brought 3 kids under 3 in 2016 and all 3 were free and ordered their own kids meals

HouCuseChickie

Mind you, it's been a few years, but last time we took my younger one as a 2 year old, she was given a complimentary entree off of the kids' menu. I've seen this come up on my Disney FB groups and other forums, and most posters indicate that this is still supposed to be the process for under 3 guests dining at Akershus.

crawale

I'm curious, how did the 2 year old have the same meal? Did he share a kid's entree with one of your other grandsons, or did they allow him to order an entree free of charge? I think if we go I'll just have my 2 kids share an entree unless we can order 2.
No, he had his own meal. He went to the buffet and had his own entree - of course the dessert is for the table so he shared that. We were only charged for 2 adults and two children.

HoneyBee1991

OP - Have you considered doing a late breakfast here instead of lunch? It's still the same characters, the breakfast is a traditional buffet and the cost per person is less. Plus it is really hard to mess up traditional breakfast food if "quality compared to price" is the issue. You won't get a great breakfast experience like you might at the 'Ohana Breakfast but you won't leave hungry either.

Amos1784

Hi, I've tried googling and searching on this forum but can't find clear answers to my questions. Is Akershus lunch all you can eat? Could I order multiple entrees or get a refill on food? Also how will my 1 year old eat? I don't want to pay $36 for him. I know he could eat from my plate, but then I'd have to order something he would like, and then I'd have less to eat... unless I'm allowed to order more. So how does this all work? Also, do you think the experience is worth it for $60 per adult?

I think the question is why are you choosing Akershus? Is it strictly for Princess dining or for the restaurant itself?

I am not a huge fan of the restaurant and don't think it is worth the money, UNLESS you have kids that are princess crazy. Then I could see it, but I would still probably do Cinderellas Royal Table over this. Also Keep in mind there is a Bon Voyage breakfast at Tratorria Al Forno for significant amount less and a short walk through International Gateway from Epcot to the Boardwalk area. This has Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. All depends what your end goal is of the meal, but to me food=not worth it. The "appetizers" that are unlimited are all cold salad type options and cheese and lunch meat, not for me.

Dave B

This is a great restaurant for doing opening, you save a fast pass and get right on Frozen, maybe even ride twice before the crowds hit, we did it last trip and it worked great and my daughter loved the princess experience

KikoKea

We've eaten there often, and have had more than 1 entree several times, as recently as last year. We ask to taste other dishes, and our servers have been happy to bring out a second entree for my husband, and a smaller portion for me. I don't think they tell you up front you can, but they will bring you more if you ask. (Our favorites are the beef stew and the meatball dish...and the brown cheese on the buffet!)

Clowd Nyne

We’ve been here twice. We do Epcot on our first day and eat here. My two daughters get to meet At least 5 princesses in a park that before frozen had little for them. Even now it’s a great thing for them to look forward to as we dive deep into the Morocco pavilion. I don’t think anyone mentioned that the price includes a royal welcome from Belle photopass opportunity. At the end of your meal you are presented with an ornate folder containing a large and two 4x6 photos of your group with the princess. We went with a group of ten once and got three photo sessions. My girls spent a very long time with Belle as they stayed in for all three. Also one year we sat at the far left of the dining hall where the princesses came in from back stage and were the first table. As some princesses would have to wait for the others to move along they would stay with us interacting for even longer. On your arrival ask for seating in this area. You may be treated to the same experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom