AK questions for those that have visited since Pandora opened...

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Just got out-voted to stop by WDW on our FLA beach vacation later this summer. So now, in the rush to get tickets and FPs planned, I have 2 main questions for those that have visited Animal Kingdom since Pandora opened.

1) Are there still hours long wait times to even get into Land of Pandora? or was it just the opening weekend craziness?
2) There are no more Flight FPs for our day(no surprise there), but we do have FPs for the River Journey. If there is a wait time to get into the land...we use our FPs for River, after we ride it do we need to leave Pandora to wait on the line to get back into the Land so we can wait for Flight? or can we go straight to Flight to wait once we are in Pandora?
3)As a side question, regarding ROL... we have a FP for the 9:15 show. What are folks thoughts...is this a good use of FPs? or are the shows not bad to wait for standby since the reviews are mixed at best. Trying to decide if we should get Everest FPs instead. We will most likely be open- almost close at AK like we always do.
TIA

becca_

Just got out-voted to stop by WDW on our FLA beach vacation later this summer. So now, in the rush to get tickets and FPs planned, I have 2 main questions for those that have visited Animal Kingdom since Pandora opened.

1) Are there still hours long wait times to even get into Land of Pandora? or was it just the opening weekend craziness?
2) There are no more Flight FPs for our day(no surprise there), but we do have FPs for the River Journey. If there is a wait time to get into the land...we use our FPs for River, after we ride it do we need to leave Pandora to wait on the line to get back into the Land so we can wait for Flight? or can we go straight to Flight to wait once we are in Pandora?
3)As a side question, regarding ROL... we have a FP for the 9:15 show. What are folks thoughts...is this a good use of FPs? or are the shows not bad to wait for standby since the reviews are mixed at best. Trying to decide if we should get Everest FPs instead. We will most likely be open- almost close at AK like we always do.
TIA

1. I don't believe there have been any wait times to enter. I went on Sunday May 28th (second day of operation) with no wait time to get into the land.
2. See above - I would rope drop FoP if you can.
3. I haven't done stand-by only FP for ROL but if you want to get in line early enough to get a seat, switch the FP. If you have your mind set on seeing ROL I would do single rider at Everest if you can, or just go when you find a "dead" time.

Have fun!!

Retroman40

My family went to DAK this past Monday (June 19) evening. We got there around 6. Granted it was a bit of a rainy evening but other than Pandora the park was very open. We had a FP+ for the River Journey. FOP was at 90 minutes. We had a FP+ for the Kilimanjaro Safari ride but it was basically a walk on (10 min SB). Did Dinosaur (walk on). Had a FP+ for 10:30 ROL but could have walked in at 10:28 as easily one third of the guests attending the show were disguised as empty seats. Not sure this was a great use of FP+. For the record the show was a bit of a letdown for all of us. We even rode EE after the show. Although the place is still busy I think the opening day hype has calmed down a bit.

Rowlet

I went the first weekend in June and there was absolutely no line to get into the land. We went in the morning as well as in the evening. Regarding Rivers of Light, I haven't seen it yet so I can't give my thoughts on it. Just know that there are multiple showings (I think) of ROL and perhaps a Fast Pass could be better used for another attraction. Enjoy!

correcaminos

I went a weekend after it opened

1. no waits to get into Pandora at all when we were there either day
2. since there are no waits there isn't a problem with this, but you would've been able to stay and do the standby line if there was. Rope drop times were over estimated a little but we had lower waits at about 9pm than rope drop morning. Get there early if you want to have less wait in a line.
3. I think it is a bad use of a FP+ honestly. I've known enough people to walk up about 10 minutes prior who got a seat.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'm going to AK in September to check out Pandora. What do you all think, FP+ required or no?

disneygeek90

Are they still opening the parks "early"? As in, for a 9am official opening are they still letting people in around 8? I haven't been in the am since opening day.

correcaminos

Are they still opening the parks "early"? As in, for a 9am official opening are they still letting people in around 8? I haven't been in the am since opening day.
Park hours were starting at 8 when I got there. Some were let in I think they said 30 to 40 mins early? I need to ask my friend. Getting there at 8 was early enough for me lol

disneygeek90

Park hours were starting at 8 when I got there. Some were let in I think they said 30 to 40 mins early? I need to ask my friend. Getting there at 8 was early enough for me lol
I'm curious, what was the FoP wait when you got there at 8? My family still hasn't had a chance to visit Pandora yet and trying to plan a weekend in August that they can come visit. Being local, a FP is pretty much out of the question.

correcaminos

I'm curious, what was the FoP wait when you got there at 8? My family still hasn't had a chance to visit Pandora yet and trying to plan a weekend in August that they can come visit. Being local, a FP is pretty much out of the question.
120 mins - we got to the gates right at 8am. So it took us 10 minutes to get there. It was at 120 almost all morning too. It dropped to 45 mins at night close to 9pm though. Most of the time was right in that range. It was a Sunday morning with threat of rain that day too.

I have heard some have had better luck looking for single FP for FoP but it takes lots of checking and refreshing. They really need to add FP at 30 days for locals.

Chef Mickey

I was there June 8 - 18th.

It's easy to get into Pandora at night...no wait. Open until 1am. FOP was consistently 90 - 120 min after 11pm. Na'Vi River is about 30-45min. FOP would drop to 60 min at times, but that was around 8-9pm. It ramps up at 11pm bc it's the only park open at WDW at that time unless it's magic hours.

Rivers of Light is a missable show, IMO. It needs a lot of work. I'd use a regular FP on it, but I got the meal package which I consider slightly a waste. I did get to do character dining at Tusker and the food was pretty good, but I wouldn't do that again with the show in its current form.

Keep checking every day for a FP for FOP..it may seem impossible, but it's not. I got 2 for FOP but I was super diligent and even made a thread about it.

disneygeek90

120 mins - we got to the gates right at 8am. So it took us 10 minutes to get there. It was at 120 almost all morning too. It dropped to 45 mins at night close to 9pm though. Most of the time was right in that range. It was a Sunday morning with threat of rain that day too.

I have heard some have had better luck looking for single FP for FoP but it takes lots of checking and refreshing. They really need to add FP at 30 days for locals.
I can get them at 30, we are all AP. 30 days for FoP won't quite cut it right now for the most part, though.

correcaminos

I can get them at 30, we are all AP. 30 days for FoP won't quite cut it right now for the most part, though.
Oh I meant they need to add more actual FP times for locals. At 30 days FoP was gone for my trip. We're AP holders too but if we're onsite we can take advantage of the 60 :)

disneygeek90

Oh I meant they need to add more actual FP times for locals. At 30 days FoP was gone for my trip. We're AP holders too but if we're onsite we can take advantage of the 60 :)
Yeah, that would be wonderful. We used to take advantage of the 60 day in the past, but a year ago I moved about 15 mins away. Saves everyone money on hotels, at least, lol.

G8rchamps

Was just there Wed the 14th. They let us in the park about 7:40 for an 8 open. Got to Pandora to find both rides would open late for technical difficulties. Rode other rides and went pack for a 10A River fastpass, no wait to get into Pandora. Journey was at 310 minutes and all earlier fast passes were valid. Did character lunch in Africa to get seat for ROL. It was worth seeing once but we will not go out of our way to see it every time we are in the park ( we live 90 mins away). Rode EE after 9:15 ROL 3 times in a row, then walked Pandora at night with no wait. Journey was between 100-150 minutes all day so we never rode it. Maybe next trip...

correcaminos

Yeah, that would be wonderful. We used to take advantage of the 60 day in the past, but a year ago I moved about 15 mins away. Saves everyone money on hotels, at least, lol.
True! And you get to purchase cheaper or blocked out APs if you like. Like we have the gold because I don't have any desire to go the weeks of Christmas/NYE or Easter/Passover weeks.

Still I might be tempted to get a night at the campground just to help ;)

correcaminos

How long is the line usually in each part of the day? Morning, Noon, and Evening?
You can track it in MDE... but when we looked it was 120 the vast majority of the day. AK is not a full day park for us so we did not ever spend afternoons there. It dropped to under 60 sometimes at about 8:30-9pm for some reason when we were there and when I looked another day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom