AK Jambo or Kidani? Renting points...

Lilybutton

Original Poster
Pros and cons for each?

Do they have their own pool with slide or do you use main resort pool? Which is closer to bus stop and main resort lobby? Planning a trip for June 2019. TIA!

nickys

Premium Member
Both have a pool, bus stops etc. Kidan’s pool has a good slide and great splash pad play area. Jambo is getting a pool make-over but no details yet (it’s closed for 3months, so no major redesign but more than just new tiles I imagine).

Kidani is solely DVC. So it has the quieter vibe. The lobby is still impressive but smaller, the art work and themeing is still as impressive. The CMs will still happily talk about their home and culture as at Jambo.

It doesn’t have a separate QS faculty, Sanaa does a QS breakfast option to go or eat in. It also has a small bar attached. It has a community centre like many DVC resorts.

Jambo is the deluxe resort with many more activities going on through the day. It has Jiko which is a signature restaurant, plus Boma (buffet) and a QS place.

The two at about a 10minute walk from each other with a shuttle bus. Buses are sometimes shared but at busy times are separate.

Both resorts are spread out. Kidani more so. Kidani has underground parking.

The 1 bedsrooms and bigger have an extra bathroom at Kidani, so 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom villa, 3for a 2bedroom etc. Jambo has the value villas and uniquely club level for DVC as well as for non-DVC. The villas there (which include the studios) are redesigned hotel rooms. However if renting you’d be very lucky to get a value room, don’t base your decision on their price. Standard rooms at Jambo mostly have some kind of view of the pool and / or gardens. At Kidani, the standard rooms look over to the pool but with the access road in between.

But there are plenty of public places in both resorts to watch the animals, including the outlooks; they have night vision goggles in the evening. Sanaa is the only restaurant with some savannah facing windows, and the outlook is right outside.

correcaminos

Pet peeve of mine, Kidani DOES have QS. Not sure why people don't want to count it, but it exists by the Maji pool much like other DVC resorts. It's not as large or as late as Mara, but it is there. It's open from 11 am to 10pm right now. The food is quite good there and the service has always been top notch. You can order food from a private dining menu there as well
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/maji-pool-bar/menus/

I responded to the rest on the other thread I think. The pros and cons are honestly highly debatable. Bamboo will be harder to rent if not at 7 to 11 months out. Both are great.

nickys

Premium Member
To me, the slide is better and the kids splash area is too. Also, for whatever reason I just like the look and feel of Kidani’s pool better.

Washing machines are available for studio guests for a fee.

Washing machines are always free for DVC members. You shouldn’t have had to pay. Hope you didn’t!

slappy magoo

I'm stealing this from the Disney Parks Mom's Panel Forum
For Disney Vacation Club Members, complimentary laundry facilities are available at each of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts. All laundry rooms have recently be (sic) updated, so like the facilities at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, you can actually check on the status of your machines using your smart phone. I love this feature! You can relax in your room or by the pool, then return when your machine is complete. If you choose to stay with your belongings, there was a nice seating area and a big screen television in the laundry room for Members to enjoy while they wait. If you are a Member, you will need your Magic Band to gain access, so be sure to bring it with you to the laundry room.

This is something I didn't know about either, though TBH all of our trips have had at least a partial stay in a 1BR unit which is where we do laundry. So it makes me wonder how exactly they offer up the service to people who are and aren't DVC members. I mean if you're staying at SSR or OKW, odds are much higher you're either a member or renting points. But all of the deluxe resorts with a DVC section, is there anything preventing someone staying at the Boardwalk Inn from getting free laundry service by walking over to wherever the laundry is for the Villas?

Also bear in mind, from the sound of it, there aren't many washers or dryers available to Studio denizens. So all it takes is a few people ahead of you to put a wrinkle in your plans.

Ba dum bump.

nickys

Premium Member

This is something I didn't know about either, though TBH all of our trips have had at least a partial stay in a 1BR unit which is where we do laundry. So it makes me wonder how exactly they offer up the service to people who are and aren't DVC members. I mean if you're staying at SSR or OKW, odds are much higher you're either a member or renting points. But all of the deluxe resorts with a DVC section, is there anything preventing someone staying at the Boardwalk Inn from getting free laundry service by walking over to wherever the laundry is for the Villas?

Also bear in mind, from the sound of it, there aren't many washers or dryers available to Studio denizens. So all it takes is a few people ahead of you to put a wrinkle in your plans.

Ba dum bump.

We’re 1 bed people too, but In some places you need the DVC member designation or a member card to access the laundry. In other places, you need the card to actually work the machines, otherwise you have to use a CC.

dreamfinder

Ba dum bump.

AKL Jambo house has a single laundry room for DVC members, and there are two larger rooms for public access. You scan your magic band to get into the room, and Jambo House house has 2 washers and 4 dryers. Kidani has 3 washers and 6 dryers. No coins/money is needed unless you need to buy detergent. WDW uses a public site to show their availability here -> https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty (Both AKL DVC rooms are listed under Kidani while the public rooms are under Jambo). The only other place we had a studio as GCV, and there it was a single shared laundry room, but the front desk would give you tokens for free if you asked and were staying on points.

correcaminos

What is better about the Kidani pool? And does Jambo have free washing machines for DVC (for those in studios)?

I think it has a better layout. I am not a fan of the way Jambo feels and it's not as well themed IMO. The slide at Kidani is much better. All DVC resorts have laundry available for DVC members for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom