AirTran Flight Coupons from Wendy's

DisneyMissy

Sorry if I have this in the wrong section.

Is anyone saving the AirTran Flight Coupons from Wendy's? I have one that I just got today at lunch time and I would be glad to send it to one of my fellow WDWMAGIC friends. First person to reply and say that they are saving them gets it.

markc

Something about this promotion makes me think that there's more to it than they are letting out; Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only takes 64 cups to redeem a free ticket; which would be roughly $64 in drinks..so why wouldn't somebody just purchase 64 drinks to get a ticket? Seems too easy.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

markc said:
Something about this promotion makes me think that there's more to it than they are letting out; Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only takes 64 cups to redeem a free ticket; which would be roughly $64 in drinks..so why wouldn't somebody just purchase 64 drinks to get a ticket? Seems too easy.

You can purchase as many drinks as you would like. Having somebody send you the coupon that they would normally throw away is just as easy.

To each his own. *shrugs*

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

According to the airtran site, you can only purchase 5 drinks at a time.

Do what tastes right and take flight! Earn 1/4 credit when you purchase a combo, 20 or 32 oz drink at participating Wendy's restaurants. A free flight never tasted so good. For every four (4) Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons, you are eligible to receive one (1) A+ Rewards Credit.

Buy 32 Drinks = FREE 1-Way Ticket
For a free one way coach ticket on AirTran Airways, you only need eight (8) A+ Reward credits, or thirty-two (32) proofs of purchase/flight coupons.
Buy 64 Drinks = FREE Round-Trip Ticket
You can earn a free round-trip ticket with just sixteen (16) A+ Rewards credits, or sixty-four (64) proofs of purchase/flight coupons.

On or about 11/1/05 through 12/31/05, or while supplies last, when you purchase a specially-marked 20 oz. or 32 oz. Coca-Cola beverage at a participating Wendy's you will find a Proof of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupon printed on the cup. Limit five (5) drinks per transaction.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

OK, hit Wendy's for lunch today.... got 2 from our drinks and one from a cup that was sitting on top of the trash....sheesh! :rolleyes:

I was too embarrassed to dig through! LOL I told my Mom about it, and pointed out we could get free flights in Oct, so I am sure she is dumpster diving as we speak! :lol: She'll have no quams to get those cups!!!

Does anyone know if there are blackout dates for the free flights? I assume Thanksgiving, other holidays etc.....

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Sorry but that's just crazy what they are charging for these on e-bay. One auction is enough coupons for 2 tickets but with $10 shipping and a buy it now price of $230. They are charging more for these coupons than just buying a ticket from AirTran. Wonder if AirTran is looking at ebay. They actually have rules on their site: www.airtran.com click on the Coca-Cola/Wendy's link on the left of the screen.

WHAT YOU GET: For every 4 incremental Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons along with a properly completed 3x5 card, you will receive one (1) A+ Rewards Credit. Maximum credits you may receive per AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account is thirty-two (32), which means the maximum number of Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons you may submit is 128, regardless of how many envelopes submitted. Credits will be posted to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account within approximately six (6) weeks of receipt of properly redeemed Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons. The credits received in connection with this offer will expire one year after credits post to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Only Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons in increments of four and a maximum of one hundred and twenty-eight (128) per stamped envelope with one completed 3x5 card will be credited to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Any other Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons that do not meet these requirements will not be credited to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. 3x5 cards and Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons will not be returned.

GENERAL: Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Wendy's International, Inc., their respective affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail. Requests with illegible or incomplete 3x5 cards will not be redeemed. For complete details about the AirTran Airways A+ Rewards program, visit www.aplusrewards.com. All standard AirTran Airways A+ Rewards program terms and conditions apply. No sale, transfer/cash redemption of AirTran Airways A+ Rewards credits is permitted. Availability of seats for A+ Rewards travel on AirTran Airways is subject to capacity controls and blackout dates, and seats are limited and may not be available on all flights. A trip is defined as travel from a single point of origin to a single destination over the most direct routing between any two cities with published fares and schedules. AirTran Airways is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. All taxes are the sole responsibility of offer recipient. No facsimiles or mechanically reproduced Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons, or Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons not obtained legitimately, permitted. Sale or transfer of Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons is prohibited. Requests from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons submitted by redemption/recycling centers are not eligible. Not valid with any other offer/promotion. AirTran Airways reserves the right to freeze or close A+ Rewards account or to prohibit the participant of an individual/account holder if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participant stated herein or with any provision of these Terms and Conditions. This program may be modified or cancelled if fraud or misconduct destroys the integrity of the program. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive the AirTran Airways credits, it is the account holder of the AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account number that will be declared the recipient of the AirTran Airways credits for that account.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

ErickainNJ said:
Sorry but that's just crazy what they are charging for these on e-bay. One auction is enough coupons for 2 tickets but with $10 shipping and a buy it now price of $230.

Thats crazy! You could get flights cheaper than that!

I got 2 coupons today and will be mailing them out to the person who Pmd me in the next few days. Just wanting to wait till after the weekend as thats when the kids usually like to go for a snack.

:wave:

Upvote 0

bobr0001

Airtran

My family has flown on Airtran a couple of times. Everything was great, good flight, friendly F/A's. Much better than my experiences on the majors (NWA, USAir, etc.).

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We used to fly AirTran all the time before they pulled out of Stewart here in NY and we never had a problem. Then they were bought out by ValuJet... we never would fly them again.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

We are flying AirTran for our next trip. They had the best flight times and prices from our area. That's why it would be great to be able to save enough coupons for some free flights for October.

Boy, I hope all the people selling these coupons on Ebay don't cause them to cancel this promotion. There are so many places now that have cancelled their freguent cards because of scams and abuse of these programs (Ever check out how many Subway filled cards are on Ebay?) I also hate when I see Box Tops for Education coupons for sale.... for goodness sake, donate them to a school!

Sorry, off my soapbox now LOL

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

GoofyMom2 said:
Boy, I hope all the people selling these coupons on Ebay don't cause them to cancel this promotion. There are so many places now that have cancelled their freguent cards because of scams and abuse of these programs (Ever check out how many Subway filled cards are on Ebay?) I also hate when I see Box Tops for Education coupons for sale.... for goodness sake, donate them to a school!

That is true. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them do the promo again next year. My local Subway said that the cards have been stopped at most Subways. She did tell me that theirs was going to keep them through the end of the year. They can't afford to keep doing it when people cheap and sell on e-bay. People ruined it for the rest of us and it stinks. ( I love e-bay but not for items like this)

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Again, thank you so much for posting the info about these coupons! We now are just a few away from 2 free tickets!!!! :sohappy:

Yes, we have managed to collect almost 168 of these things (you don't even want to know what I have gone through to get these..... :lol: ) I am getting very tired of eating at Wendy's, it is killing my waistline, I have gotten more than my share of strange looks when I ask people for their cup when they were about to throw it away, and last night my DH showed up with 21! (I didn't even ask!!)

It can be done...... thanks again for posting the info. I hope to be able to use these next Oct for MNNSHP during the kid's Fall Break. Keep on saving them....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom