airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliemom

In light of the heightened security at the airports travelers are no longer able to carry liquids, gels or pastes in your carry on bags. This means that we are not able to carry that critical Suntan lotion and have to pack it in our checked bags. I am happy to follow these rules as it will ease my mind traveling next week but was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if Disney provided a sample size of Suntan lotion at check in for those of us using Magical Express as our checked bags will not arrive for quite some time after we get to the resort. Even if they just had a bottle on the desk at check in so that we can put some on our children so that they do not burn as we walk through the parks or lay by the pools for those first couple of hours? Just a thought,that way we wouldn't have to pay out the nose for suntan lotion at the gift shop when we all ready have it packed in out bags?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Also, in Europe you don't have to remove your laptop from your case as they have better machines there.

Are you sure? I could have sworn they were requiring people to remove their laptops from their bags at Heathrow last week.

Upvote 0

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
This suprises me because every flight I have taken since 9-11, all passangers going through the security check points have had to remove shoes and have them scanned.
It wasn't mandatory prior though.... they had a profile, and even then, you could request a swab. I refused to undo my shoes

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It wasn't mandatory prior though.... they had a profile, and even then, you could request a swab. I refused to undo my shoes

I guess I fit a profile. Tall, overweight, balled, anglo, with gotee. Guess they have had a problem with Nazi rednecks at airports....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
I guess I fit a profile. Tall, overweight, balled, anglo, with gotee. Guess they have had a problem with Nazi rednecks at airports....:rolleyes:
shoe profile...

sole more than 1" thick. I should've clarified.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Are you sure? I could have sworn they were requiring people to remove their laptops from their bags at Heathrow last week.

They may have changed it, it's been awhile since I've been through Europe. I recall when I went through Amsterdam, saying how great it was and the security person told me it was because of the type of machine they had that you didn't have to remove your electronics.

At Newark airport it is right on the sign before you go through security that you must remove your shoes, including sneakers.

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
This suprises me because every flight I have taken since 9-11, all passangers going through the security check points have had to remove shoes and have them scanned.
and I should've mentioned.... no they didn't

The TSA thrives on the ignorance of the average american. You never needed to remove your shoes until today. It was clearly posted on the website. If a TSO made you, and your shoes didn't fit their profile, then you tell them that... any problem, ask for a supervisor.

I am not willing to give up my freedoms in the name of safety.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I have always been told to remove my shoes and my belt. Since 9-11 I have flown to Baltimore once, Orlando a few times and Vegas a few times.

Upvote 0

Tigger1988

I have always been told to remove my shoes and my belt. Since 9-11 I have flown to Baltimore once, Orlando a few times and Vegas a few times.

Yes, people have been asked to remove shoes ever since 9/11 that isn't new. Belts just set off the metal detector thats why they perfer you to remove it.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I did not say it was new. Everyone was just discussing whether is was mandatory before today. I was just stating that I have always been asked to remove my shoes and stating where I have flown since 9-11. I don't fly as much as some on the boards and I was just mentioning the airports that asked me to do so.

Upvote 0

wdwishes2005

there are reports of flights running out of water before taking off today
Yeah, and it's their fault, because they should have tons of extra water on hand in case the TSA says that you can't have personal water on planes... in the dead of night.....

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
Yeah, and it's their fault, because they should have tons of extra water on hand in case the TSA says that you can't have personal water on planes... in the dead of night.....
it's always their fault :D

Upvote 0

Tigger1988

I did not say it was new. Everyone was just discussing whether is was mandatory before today. I was just stating that I have always been asked to remove my shoes and stating where I have flown since 9-11 I don't fly as much as some on the boards. Just making conversation.

No I know, I was agreeing with you! :wave:

Upvote 0

tink81

I flew to Vegas last week out of BWI and at both airports the TSA asked everyone in the line to remove their shoes: flip flops, sneakers, heels, crocs, whatever. I have a healthy fear and great respect for the TSAs as they have a very important job to do. Times are changing, we all just have to plan a little more before we venture off to the airport.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
And while you fight with them you hold up all us people in the line behind you.
unless you're a clear card member, or a oneworld alliance/star alliance elite member, you've never been slowed down in line due to me :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mkt

Premium Member
Yes, people have been asked to remove shoes ever since 9/11 that isn't new. Belts just set off the metal detector thats why they perfer you to remove it.

I flew to Vegas last week out of BWI and at both airports the TSA asked everyone in the line to remove their shoes: flip flops, sneakers, heels, crocs, whatever. I have a healthy fear and great respect for the TSAs as they have a very important job to do. Times are changing, we all just have to plan a little more before we venture off to the airport.:rolleyes:

well guess what guys? You didn't need to. Until today, it was optional unless your shoes fit their profile of 1" heel (and even then, there were other things to do other than forced shoe removal). They will try to use the ignorance of the american public to their advantage and tell you that you had to, but on their website, it wasn't required. It said there that you didn't need to remove them.

The TSA needs to go... we're not any safer than we were on 9/10/01 and before... but we're being hassled more because of it.

Upvote 0

wdwishes2005

It wouldn't be as frustrating if the TSA did a better job. At my local airport they run tests every few weeks and they have missed some very crucial things since 9-11.... like knives, guns, and hand grenades....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom