Airline Security Fee Update

popkid

Original Poster
Walt Disney Travel Company Florida and California have added an Airline Security Fee for all new bookings on or after Jan. 19 for travel beginning Feb. 1. This fee has been required by the Aviation Transportation Security Act, which passed into federal law in November.

All WDTC-FL and WDTC-CA air-inclusive reservations that were booked prior to Jan. 19 for travel on or after Feb. 1 are currently being updated to include the Airline Security Fee ($2.50 per flight segment, maximum $5 one-way and $10 round-trip) as required by law.

Air-inclusive reservations that have been ticketed prior to Feb. 1 are not affected by this fee UNLESS a modification is made to the air portion of the reservation.

RogueHabit

I just booked today wih Virgin Holidays in the UK and we've been charged £28.00 for a return flight of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Not sure if that is just £7.00 each way for the addults only of it it's £3.50 each way per person.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, I'd rather pay the extra £28.00 and have the extra security any day of the week.

markymark

Originally posted by RyanS
what would 28 pounds be in dollars?

About $20 (ish)

Originally posted by Ratcat
I just booked today wih Virgin Holidays in the UK and we've been charged £28.00 for a return flight of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Not sure if that is just £7.00 each way for the addults only of it it's £3.50 each way per person.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, I'd rather pay the extra £28.00 and have the extra security any day of the week.

We just booked with BA and there was no mention of an extra charge. Perhaps it was included in the total.

Oh BTW £28 return flight for 2 adults and 2 children!!!! Excellent value! Our flights cost £700 each!

RogueHabit

Originally posted by markymark
About $20 (ish)

Factored it the wrong way, more like $35-40

Originally posted by markymark
Oh BTW £28 return flight for 2 adults and 2 children!!!! Excellent value! Our flights cost £700 each!
Joker!:p

Guess that's what ya get with BA then.:hurl:

Beauty and the

Originally posted by Ratcat

£28.00 for what ,not for flights to Orlando surely?

TURKEY

All flights have the fee now. The fee is included in the ticket price along with all the other fees and taxes you pay.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Beauty and the

£28.00 for what ,not for flights to Orlando surely?
Yep, additional fees on top of the ticket price. :lol:

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
All flights have the fee now. The fee is included in the ticket price along with all the other fees and taxes you pay.
I think it has to be clearly shown as a seperate item on you invoice though, because it is variable depending on the number of stops and stuff. Virgin are certainly up front with the info, showing it at the pre-booking stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom