• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Airline seat belts

Kane88

Original Poster
I’m about 280, 6’4 size 46 waist, xxl shirt and am flying United for my Disney trip. Will I be able to fit, do I need an extender for the seat, or will I have to buy a second seat...

Weather_Lady

This site (pardon the name) has information about the policies for passengers of size on United, including seat belt length and seat width: https://portlypassengers.com/2018/10/05/united-airlines-policy-for-portly-passengers/

FWIW, my husband was able to fit in typical coach seats with a waist size similar to yours, although he carries all his weight in his belly in a frontward direction and not across his hips where seatbelts and armrests would interfere, so I'm sure the "fit" is different for everybody.

Good luck and safe travels!

Last edited:

NeverEnufDisney

I weighed in that neighborhood and the worse I had to do was ask for an extender. Seat belt lengths vary from seat to seat and airline to airline so you may need it or get away without it. I never had to pay for a second seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom