airline question

kimrn87

Original Poster
We are planning a trip in January to WDW and we are flying, but I'm not very experienced with airports etc... What is the age of having a govt. photo identification for minors? My daughter is 11 yrs. Curious when do they have to have a photo ID?

FanofDinsey1981

it probably wouldn't hurt to get one anyway, not just for security purposes. I think I had one when I was 8 or 9 (which was 12 years ago). It looked like a license from ILlinois, but it had "ID" on it instead of License.

I would say do it, it is one less possiblity of having to get stopped for no ID.

and now your daughter can feel cool bc she has her own "almost" drivers license. ;)

Kellylynn322

Having just book a flight I asked the same question. Now this is for the Delta terminal at Newark airport in New Jersey, They told me that only the adults over the age of 18 needed a photo ID. It can never hurt to have one though.

We bring the birth certificates of our children. They've been examined once at the airport. There may, in fact, be a law (or certainly rules) that the airlines sometimes follow about verifying ID at the ticket counter or checkin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom