airline question help plz!!!!!

jeremy_angie

Original Poster
i have a question about plane tickets does delta run specials ever i have been watching for one but i havent seen any at all for may there is a direct flight out of kingsport tn to orlando on delta. do plane tickets get cheaper the closer you get to the dates or what? i have never flew before so plz dint think im stupid lol thanx jeremy

Nicole

Is your heart set on flying Delta? I would seriously look at other airlines (specifically Southwest) even if you have to drive a while to another airport.

If you are new to Disney vacation planning you might want to have a travel agent help you. It doesn't cost you anything extra to use a travel agent and especially with Kingdom Konsulants (sponsor of this forum) they will help you get the best deals and figure out how to make your vacation just right for you!

shoppingnut

There are a number of variables you need to take into consideration. When are you going, if it is during a holiday season or weekend like spring break, thanksgiving, president's day, or xmas airfare doesn't go down as you get closer, it generally goes up. Sometimes as you get closer the airfare can go down, but that isn't always the case. Since you are talking about May, I know the airfare has been a bit high right now, but I think in another month it might go down a bit, but I don't think anyone can say for sure. Airfare is like gambling.

figmentmom

A good friend of mine just had her entire trip (scheduled for April) cancelled because of complications with Delta; I would contact Kingdom Konsultants for help in planning your trip.

Floridasunshine

Check out Sidestep.com and other airfare search engines for airfares too....

Also, try checking from different airports... It may be cheaper for you to fly from a nearby city like Knoxville or Bristol.... a lot of the smaller airlines fly to the smaller airports.... I think US Airways flies out of both Knoxville and Johnson City

jcjeoverbey

not "flying the tri"

My family is going the week before and we are driving to Knoxville and saving about $500 instead of going out of TRI even though it is 5 min. from our house. $500 is $500!!

TTFN-Tiggger

Airfare increases as the flight fills up and you get closer to the date. Less than 14 days the price is typically very high. Also, as mentioned holiday's, spring breaks etc - the further in advance you purchase your ticket the better. If a carrier is the only non-stop from your city to Orlando it might be more. That is how NWA is in MN - anywhere they that they are the only non-stop carrier the price is almost double. I book quite a few trips for people at my job. It is amazing what the airlines will charge.

tink81

I would definately check out Southwest. In fact I wouldn't fly Delta even if they were cheaper. Southwest is the way to go. Go to Southwest.com to book direct it's very easy.

Southwest all the way. I was able to book a round trip ticke 7 days before i left to wdw for only 135 and delta was like 500 something. The service was great on southwest and if you are traveling with kids under 4 they let you board before everyone else. If your kids are over 4 then get there early becasue southwest does not assign seats and if you want a good seat you want to be there early to get a "A" boarding pass.

wannab@dis

Southwest doesn't fly out of TRI, nor out of Knoxville, so that won't help you. I've never had a problem finding the same prices from TRI as I have from Knoxville and more often, they are cheaper than Knoxville. Don't let anyone fool you. Depending on your dates in May, the flight will run about $230 roundtrip from Tri-Cities and over $300 from Knoxville.

Take a look at Expedia.com to get an idea of the costs, then book directly with the airline to save a few dollars. I've been looking at going down in May also and each week (7-14, 14-21) I've looked at was the same basic $230 roundtrip.

It's a gamble as to whether or not a special may come out between now and then. The prices will go up as seats are sold, so you may want to select the flight that you like and watch the seats. As they are sold, the prices will start to rise. A special may come out... In fact, I've done the roundtrips from TRI to Orlando for $105 so it's not unheard of.
Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom