Airline Prices How do they work.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I am trying to figure out something here. For the past three years I have flown down to Orlando In september from Newark and have not paid more than like 160.

I look now It goes from 200-215. I look at all the airports surrounding Newark and they are lower. Laquardia 160. JFK 140.
Phil. 160. Allentown 170, Albany 120. And this is all RT. I live in Northwest NJ so any other airport is really not possible a 45 min drive verse going to NYc can be from 1.15 mins to 2.5 hrs.

Does anyone know how this works and why is Newark so high this year,.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Convenience - if you have to take a long drive to another airport just to save a few dollars, Newark know this isnt cost effective for you and so they can charge that bit more for your custom.

Pioneer Hall

I have the same problem you do with finding airfare out of newark. Believe it or not Newark handles more traffic than the other area airports (jfk, laguardia, philadelphia, etc.) so they charge more. Usually I pay about 249 per person RT from Newark to Orlando for out August/September trip. This year we got lucky and found RT airfare from EWR-MCO for 190 per person. Usually it is more.

Kellylynn322

I am having the same issue trying to get a flight out of Newark. The prices are higher this year than any other. I booked for Novemeber and payed $211 a ticket. I am going again in January and have been checking the flights every couple days from Allentown, Philly, and Newark and they are not much different. Southeast is just starting in Allentown and their rate is $139 but they don't have rates yet for January. If anyone is looking for a rate now and doesn't mind flying out of Allentown that is the best that I have seen. If anyone hears of a good rate from Newark I would love the help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom