Airfare is insane right now

I_heart_Tigger

I'm hoping I can get some good deals on flights for when I go next year. I paid $690 this year and my friend who booked a few days later paid $880. I'm not driving the 35 hours - I'd be so cranky by the time I got there I'd just want to go home

captainkidd

Original Poster
JetBlue just released their fares through the beginning of February. Mid January, which is normally slow time of the year, is over $400 round trip right now from Boston. That is absolutely insane. I don't expect to pay $49 each way like I did just a few years back, but $400 from a major city like Boston is just nuts.

wrblplayas

I thought paying 289 pp from Logan for July was a lot.. I signed up for Yapta and my weekly price update shows my flight at 357 now. Insane... last year my dad was getting one ways to MCO for 109.

I booked in February for my June 17 trip and we paid $119 Each way from Boston to MCO.

If you live north, you can get even cheaper flights from Manchester to MCO.

MorganKelly

We paid a bit over $300 r/t pp for our mid-August trip. Higher than we've paid in a few years. :rolleyes: SWA's afternoon/evening flights all seem to be connecting flights and the price was not much lower than the non-stops. Since we are traveling with my 82-year-old mom, we opted for non-stop flights with USAirways. Less stress for her. The times are much better and the price about the same ---- we'll be doing carry-ons, so luggage fees weren't a concern.

PolynesianPrincess

We booked last November Thurs-Tues from Portland, ME to Orlando for $260 per person. For Portland, that's a good fare. Flights in May were over $330 a person and since we were staying off proprty we also needed a rental car so we decided to take the 24 hours drive there and back. It wasn't bad and we did it for around $500 TOTAL. Would have been about $1200 total if we flew and rented a car. Booked our airfare for our September trip back in April and got $242, good flight times, Monday-Monday. Boston was also an option but they were just as expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom