News AHORA!: Hallow-day edition

mickEblu

Wow beyond lame. They re advertising the fact that they haven’t taken the Halloween decorations down but prematurely have some of the Christmas decorations up? I’m surprised they didn’t take a page from last summer and mention the fact that this is a a great time to visit as it’s typically a slower week at the parks

VJ

Original Poster
Wow beyond lame. They re advertising the fact that they haven’t taken the Halloween decorations down but prematurely have some of the Christmas decorations up? I’m surprised they didn’t take a page from last summer and mention the fact that this is a a great time to visit as it’s typically a slower week at the parks
EXACTLY. It's like that Fried Chicken Celebration that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

mickEblu

Come see Mickey's Mix Magic even though it's only lasting one more weekend. Ahora!
Come see Haunted Mansion Holiday AHORA! ...even though it'll be lasting through January, as the name implies. Ahora!

They re coming off a little desperate, maybe not to the casual guest but we here can certainly sense it. It’s almost as if this summer was so bad that they te not willing to let one penny slip away.

mickEblu

What’s next? Daily laser focused micro marketing like “cmon down folks, Susan is working the Haunted Mansion popcorn cart and she isn’t heavy handed on the salt like Jeff is. Also the Big Thunder explosion effect has been working off and on since 2pm. Come down AHORA!

Last edited:

VJ

Original Poster
What’s next? Daily laser focused marketing like “cmon down folks, Susan is working the Haunted Mansion popcorn cart and she isn’t heavy handed on the salt like Jeff is. Also the Big Thunder explosion effect has been working off and on since 2pm. Come down AHORA!
nah, that's what the Disneyland Today FB and Twitter pages are for...

Mickeyboof

Fried Chicken Celebration?

Honestly- the fried chicken celebration almost had me booking a flight to Disneyland. Ahora!

TP2000

In news that @TP2000 is sure to love, the Disney Parks Blog is in desperation-overdrive, telling potential visitors how great it is that the parks are in Halloween-Holiday transition mode and of course getting a mention in of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Chapek-Mandated Beta Test.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q1wo1031191106190002C

My snarky comment wasn't approved by the Disney Parks Blog Thought Police. But that's okay, because at least "Mary" got a truly insightful comment in before commentary was closed, and the post overall got six (6!) likes.

This whole Disney Parks Blog thing is really taking off. Six (6) likes! Connecting with the fans! Building the brand! Inhabiting the Social Media space! This is all so important! :rolleyes:

VJ

Original Poster
My snarky comment wasn't approved by the Disney Parks Blog Thought Police. But that's okay, because at least "Mary" got a truly insightful comment in before commentary was closed, and the post overall got six (6!) likes.

This whole Disney Parks Blog thing is really taking off. Six (6) Likes! Connecting with the fans! Building the brand! Inhabiting the Social Media space! This is all so important! :cool:
Honestly, they should be telling people to wait a week and go when all the holiday stuff is happening. It's not the most wonderful time of year for nothin'.

TP2000

At the stroke of 9:32 on November 1st the Disneyland fireworks began. And looking at them as I type this from my den seven miles to the east, it appears they did in fact change to the Mickey's Mix Magic show.

What a wonderful Collision Season this is! Even if the censors at the Disney Parks Blog won't allow my snarky comment to be seen by the sensitive eyes of the general public.

At least they got six (6!) likes for their effort. Happy Collision Season to one and all!

mickEblu

This whole Disney Parks Blog thing is really taking off. Six (6) likes! Connecting with the fans! Building the brand! Inhabiting the Social Media space! This is all so important! :rolleyes:

Apparently Galaxies Edge was great

mandelbrot

At the stroke of 9:32 on November 1st the Disneyland fireworks began. And looking at them as I type this from my den seven miles to the east, it appears they did in fact change to the Mickey's Mix Magic show.

What a wonderful Collision Season this is! Even if the censors at the Disney Parks Blog won't allow my snarky comment to be seen by the sensitive eyes of the general public.

At least they got six (6!) likes for their effort. Happy Collision Season to one and all!
The MMM fireworks show is one of the better ones if you're outside the berm. Lots of high bursts and a nice finale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom